Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to upgrade the switch software system for X690-48x-2q-4c with EXOS

Failed to upgrade the switch software system for X690-48x-2q-4c with EXOS

Ben_Cheng
New Contributor II
Hello Engineers:
    I need to upgrade my  X690 switch  software system because of some problems, but there were some difficults  during the upgrade process. No matter what version of the xos  file I used, it prompted that the xos version didn't match the existing switch. and those version were supported by X690.I used a TFTP server to  transmit the xos, I had tried many times, but I didn't know where the problem was, Had anyone encountered this kind of problem?
Any help will be appreciated.
v8rvVJHLQ4esoFi44HIv_vm-30.3.1.6.png

tMkvzcztTNaCUXzwCvW7_vm-31.1.1.3.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee
Hi Ben,

If I am reading that correctly you are trying to install the summit image but the x690 uses the ONIE image.

Product: X590 | Extreme Portal (force.com)

The image name should look like this: onie-31.4.1.5.x86_64.xos 31.4.1.5

instead of summitX-31.4.1.5.xos

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_Cheng
New Contributor II
Hello Christopher  and Stephen,
Thanks very much.
Now  I know where I went wrong,as the Stephen said, I download the EXOS VM image from the GitHub, because  I can't  create a new Extreme Portal account,I open a case,but no engineers  reply  to me,the case number is  02477550 and  I will call them.
Thanks again.

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Did you download the EXOS VM image on the GitHub?  You will need the file that looks like this "onie-31.1.1.3.xos".  It's available on our support page. 

http://support.extremenetworks.com/

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee
Hi Ben,

If I am reading that correctly you are trying to install the summit image but the x690 uses the ONIE image.

Product: X590 | Extreme Portal (force.com)

The image name should look like this: onie-31.4.1.5.x86_64.xos 31.4.1.5

instead of summitX-31.4.1.5.xos

Thanks,
Chris Thompson
GTM-P2G8KFN