Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple PTP

Simple PTP

mjoelner
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am looking for something that on cisco switches is fairly simple, namely to set up a switch in boundary two step mode. I have found an example online on extremenetworks on how to set up a switch in boundary mode as a part of a larger network. My problem is the example is so big, and I am not sure if I need that much of functionality. I have some other cisco nexus switches where we set them up as the script I have added under (I have removed similar entries for all the ports to make it a bit easier on the eye)

Is it a simple solution to do this for the extremenetworks switch also, or do I have to follow the manual on this page: https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_22.6/GUID-FB16C189-2B1F-4BEF-A54F-31A7B5F24119.shtml

(This is the boundary switch as shown in this picture.https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_22.6/GUID-C89C202A-17C3-4E75-BCA7-79A45B774A9D.shtml   )

My concern is that it might be a relatively simple matter to set up also on the extreme networks switch,  so before I spend to many days understanding the example, I thought it would be good to ask the community. 

The switch I have is a X460G2-24t-10G4.10 that supports PTP. I have updated it to the latest and greatest that exist of firmware. 

Here is the script we normally use for the nexus switches.

configure

feature ptp

ptp domain 0

clock protocol ptp

ptp source 11.1.254.254

interface ethernet 1/1

switch

speed 100

no shutdown

ptp

ptp sync interval -2

interface ethernet 1/2