Unable to connect to XMC 8.1 with Java-concoles

Userlevel 4
Hello, team,

I've done a clean install of XMC, PV and NAC - everyting version 8.1 - under ESXi. XMC, PV, NAC and client computers are in the same VLAN. There are no firewalls between them. Everything is sinchronyzed with single NTP. All DNS recored were created. I can ping NAC from XMC and vice versa.

I've added to XMC PV and NAC - they both are green.

The problem is I can't connect with Java-consoles to XMC. "Unable to connect to management server". Nothing in XMC's log, the same in NAC's. I've turned it to verbose.

What most likely could be the problem? I hope this is 8.1 version specific issue...

Please, help!

Ilya

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Is your Java up to date? I seem to remember all my Java consoles failing following an XMC upgrade, and it was an update to my Java that fixed it.
Userlevel 4
Steve Ballantyne wrote:

Is your Java up to date? I seem to remember all my Java consoles failing following an XMC upgrade, and it was an update to my Java that fixed it.

It's 10th Java. The latest.
Steve Ballantyne wrote:

Try Java 8 or 9 instead? I know with Java 9 it didn't work straight away (can't remember if it was an XMC or Java minor upgrade that fixed it, I was trying it for HiDPI support).
Userlevel 5
Hello Ilya,

maybe this article helps:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Java-client-does-not-launch-application-...