Solved

AP230:Device Update Failed.

Hi, i got 2 AP230.

Current Hiveos Vision :6.4r1e

Device Update Failed in Hivemanager(NG) :

"The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory..."

Could you please send me the available firmware for AP230 ?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by samantha.lynn 14 May 2019, 21:10

You'll need to upgrade to 6.5r3 at minimum to manage the device in HiveManager. I've emailed you directly with the files you'll need and a guide on how to update the firmware via the Web UI. Please let me know if you have any further issues getting your devices updated.

View original

54 replies

Userlevel 1

You'll need to upgrade to 6.5r3 at minimum to manage the device in HiveManager. I've emailed you directly with the files you'll need and a guide on how to update the firmware via the Web UI. Please let me know if you have any further issues getting your devices updated.

Hi Sam i dropped you a email, I think i am having the same issue with 6.4r1e, could you please email me the file?

Many Thanks Grant

Userlevel 1

Hi Grant, I've sent you the firmware files you'll need and the guide for updating via the APs Web UI. Please let me know if you have any issues getting your APs firmware updated with those files.

Hello Sam,

I am new to Areohive trying to setup a AP230 , I am having the same issue as the other user when I am updating firmware and new network policies with OS 6.4r1, could you please help me with the files ?

Thanks

Barath

Userlevel 1

Hi Barath, I've emailed you the firmware files you requested, and a guide that reviews how to update the devices through their Web UI. Please let me know if you have any trouble updating the firmware on your devices moving forward.

Hello Sam, I am in the same situation as these other folks. Please send the  6.5r3 file and guide. thanks in advance.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for letting me know Denis, I've emailed you those files and they guide on updating via the Web UI. Please let me know if you have any trouble getting those devices updated from here.

Thank. All upgraded.

Denis Appel
IT Infrastructure & Operations
Network Engineer III
6200 S Syracuse Way Ste 185 | Greenwood Village, CO 80111
W: 720.462.5453 | C: 214.766.6175

Note new email: denis.appel@envisionhealth.com

[cid:image003.png@01D47A94.BFCB0990]

PIONEERING THE DELIVERY OF CARE

Hi!

I would also like to have those files.

I have a AP230 running 6.4r1e.

/Johan

Userlevel 1

Hi @Johan Carlsson​ , thanks for letting me know, I've emailed you directly with those firmware files as well. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Hi Sam,

I also have a AP230 running 6.4r1e. Please can I have the upgrade files for 6.5r3.

Userlevel 1

Hi Scott, I've sent that over to you, please let me know if you have any issues updating your AP.

Hi,

I have a unit that I acquired via free demo unit and support expired. Is there any way I can request latest firmware? I'm on 8.4r10 I believe. Thanks Kris

I need to update several ap121 to newest firmware. i cant seem to open a case can someone assist.

Userlevel 1

Hi Kris, thanks for letting me know, I've emailed you the firmware file directly. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Userlevel 1

Hi Keith, I've emailed you the firmware file as well as details on how to get case creation enabled. Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Sam, I have not received any files from you. I just received reply to my comments.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for letting me know, I've just tried to send that to you again, please let me know if you get it this time.

Hello @Sam Pirok​ 

I am in the same situation and I need to update a AP130 running 6.5r1b. Could you please send me the guide on updating via the Web UI and the firmware files?

Thank you in advance

Francesco Storer

ITS Network Technician

The British School of Brussels vzw

email: fstorer@britishschool.be

Userlevel 1

Hi Francesco, thanks for reaching out, I've emailed the files you'll need and the guide directly to you. Please let me know if you have any further trouble updating your AP.

Hi @Sam Pirok​ ,

Thanks for the files, but how can I set up the IP address on the AP manually? At the moment I can't even access the AP, because it doesn't take any configuration and it always stays on for a few seconds (then it turns off). Can I access the AP via console cable and set the ip address?

Userlevel 1

You can console in to the AP (this guide reviews how to do that: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-to-SSH-in-to-a-device-using-PuTTY?language=en_US), and then set the IP and default gateway with the following commands:

• Int mgt0 ip <ip address> /<netmask>
    • For example if the IP address was 10.10.10.60 and the netmask was 255.255.255.0, the command would be “int mgt0 ip 10.10.10.60/24”
  • Ip route default gateway <address>
    • For example, if the default gateway was 10.10.10.0, the command would be “ip route default gateway 10.10.10.60".

Hey Sam thanks again for all your help.

Hi,

I have a number of AP230 devices that are on firmware update 6.5r4 that currently won't update to the latest version available in the console. The error is "The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory..." How can I sort this?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for letting me know, I've emailed you directly with some firmware files and a guide that reviews how to update firmware via the APs Web UI rather than the HiveManager GUI. Could you please try updating the firmware that way and let me know if you have any further issues?