Wireless (General)

View Only

How to monitor an Access Point with the wireless controller

Pedro Pereira's profile image
Pedro Pereira posted 10-01-2021 08:33

Hi, 

I'm trying to monitor via the controller but when I monitor the controller I only see information about the controller itself and not the APs.

Already enabled the option "publish APs as interfaces" but its not working. I'm only seeing the wireless controller interfaces and not the APs as interfaces

I’m using check_MK to monitor and an Extreme Campus Controller VE6120. 

Ronald Dvorak's profile image
Ronald Dvorak

Hi Pedro,

have you’ve tried to rediscover the controller in the NSM ?!

If you tell me where the option "publish APs as interfaces" is in the VE controller I’d try it in my lab….. I’ve searched a while but I’m not able to find the option in the GUI :-)

-Ron

Pedro Pereira's profile image
Pedro Pereira

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for answering. 

have you’ve tried to rediscover the controller in the NSM ?!

yes, I got the same result

If you tell me where the option "publish APs as interfaces" is in the VE controller I’d try it in my lab….. I’ve searched a while but I’m not able to find the option in the GUI :-)

It was in the aba Controller > Network > SNMP and there you have an option saying “Publish AP as interface of controller” and 2 options “Enable” or “Disable”

StephanH's profile image
StephanH

Hello Pedro,

I can't find the setting despite your description. I don't know any "Controller" menu.

Do you have an screenshot?

Ronald Dvorak

I can see the option on a V2110 (Identify) controller but not on a VE Campus Controller…. so what model are we talking about ?!

-Ron

Ronald Dvorak

You’d enable it on the VE campus controller via CLI - I’m pretty sure that this isn’t supported but you’d try it :-)

I was not able to test it as my XMC is a little stubborn.

In case if that works I don’t know whether the value get’s overwritten to disable during a SNMP config change/reboot/upgrade.

-Ron

StephanH's profile image
StephanH

Basically, there is the statement from Extreme Support. Configuration changes on the CLI are not officially supported.

Therefore there is no CLI guide for the XCC.

Because of this basic requirement, for example a "SAVE" in the GUI can lead to the configuration via the CLI disappears, is changed or dependencies of the CLI commands are dissolved.