ExtremeSwitching (EXOS)

• 1.  Download Recommended XOS Releases

Posted 06-07-2016 12:35
    Hello, I'm trying to download the recommended releases for certain switches but when I input the serial numbers of these devices, they only return unsupported versions. I'm trying to update 250e/450e devices. Any Ideas? Thanks Ian

• 2.  RE: Download Recommended XOS Releases

Posted 06-07-2016 12:45
    Please see the link below:
    http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/hw_sw_compatibility/hardwaresoftwarecompatibility/r_exos-re...

For 250e/450e, the latest recommended/supported version is EXOS 15.3.5.2-patch1-9.

If you have an active support contract (minimum TAC & OS), then you should get the last recommended code release for e-series switches.

• 3.  RE: Download Recommended XOS Releases

Posted 06-07-2016 12:48
    I understand that thank you but why is it i can;t download them myself yet with newer switches (450-g2) i can download the latest versions?

• 4.  RE: Download Recommended XOS Releases

• 5.  RE: Download Recommended XOS Releases

Posted 06-07-2016 13:00
    Hello Ian,

What you can download is based on the support contract attached to the S/N. If you do not have an active support contract you can only download up to the major release at the time of purchase. For example:

If 15.3 is the latest available when it is purchased you can only download version within the 15.3 major release and below.