ExtremeSwitching (EXOS)

Expand all | Collapse all

May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

• 1.  May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Posted 01-16-2017 13:08
    Hello, team!

I've configured IPs for MGMT-ports of all my Exteme switches and connected them to dedicated 2960. Ping works fine but I am unable to connect to the switches with SSH or telnet.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Posted 01-16-2017 13:16
    Hi Ilya,

I assume that you have enabled ssh/telnet and there is no access-list applied on the telnet application?

• 3.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Hello, Ron!

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure about the telnet, but ssh was enabled. How can I check whether there are any access-lists applied to "telnet application"? It sound a bit strange for me...

• 4.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Hi, you can check that through the "show management" command already requested by Ronald.

• 5.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Posted 01-16-2017 13:24
    Is the ping source and the switch mgmt IP in the same subnet - please post the CLI output for "show management".

• 6.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Hi,Ronald!

I will post the output in several hours, thank you...

• 7.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Hello, Ron!

Here it is - "show management" output. How can I check what is "mgt" access-profile?

Many thanks to you!

• 8.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Hi Ilya,

So there is a policy file called mgt.pol. That probably prevent you of logging in.
    With "vi mgt.pol" you can see the content.
    with "configure telnet access-profile none" you can remove the access profile.

• 9.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Ilya,

As Ron pointed out to remove the access profile configured for telnet. In the similiar way, remove the access profile configured for SSH

"configure ssh2 access-profile none".

• 10.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Posted 01-17-2017 08:46
    Thank you very much, gentlemen!

I've added required prefixes to access-profile file and not it works.

• 11.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Posted 01-17-2017 11:37

• 12.  RE: May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Posted 01-17-2017 11:37
    Hello Henrique,

Does the same reference applies for telnet as well as SSH?
    Is "Controlssh" refer to a name or has a function!?

Thanks
    Yusuf