ExtremeWireless (Identifi)

Expand all | Collapse all

warranty for outdoor APs

• 1.  warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-17-2017 07:58
    Hi,

is there a special reason why the outdoor APs have only 1 year warranty and all other APs come with "Ltd. Lifetime Warranty with express Advanced Hardware Replacement-2" ?

Thx,
    Ron

• 2.  RE: warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-17-2017 09:35
    This is typical. Cisco does the same. I can only assume it is because of the harsh conditions. Our failure for extremes outdoor APs compared to Cisco was initial very high. After further inspection I had the extreme partner come back onsite to grounds the APs correctly. Once this was done I probably lose 1 extreme AP a month. We have just over 200 installed at my facility.

• 3.  RE: warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-21-2017 12:00
    Anyone from Extreme that could give details.

• 4.  RE: warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-21-2017 13:54
    I'll ask others to participate here.
    If I had to guess though, I'd agree with Roaming 24/7's post above... outdoor APs are subjected to harsher conditions and more "abuse" that the warranty shouldn't be expected to cover.

• 5.  RE: warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-23-2017 03:06
    The differences in warranties between most indoor APs and outdoor APs is driven by a combination of the harsh conditions where outdoor APs are deployed and the fact (as alluded to in this thread) that there is a high-risk of failure due to improper installations. The APs themselves are very robust and generally have a low failure rates when installed properly - nevertheless they are prone to higher risks due to inclement weather conditions or bad installations therefore they carry a 1-year warranty.

Thanks,

Will

• 6.  RE: warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-17-2017 09:35
    1 a month sound VERY high to me, I'd request a diagnose of the AP from quality control to see what is going on.

• 7.  RE: warranty for outdoor APs

Posted 07-23-2017 03:06
    Thanks for the answer.