ExtremeWireless (WiNG)

Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

• 1.  How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

Posted 10-23-2018 04:29
    Please share configuration details or templates for integrating DynDNS in WiNG controller version 5.9

• 2.  RE: How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

Posted 10-23-2018 09:28
    Hi Jimmy,

You can take parts from WiNG default configuration as follows:
    interface pppoe1
    description PPPoE Client interface
    auth-type pap
    idle-time 600
    no keepalive
    no username
    no password
    no service-name
    local-net vlan 1
    mtu 1492
    no ip address
    shutdown
    no crypto map
    no ip nat
    no use ip-access-list in
    ip default-gateway priority 2000[/code]It is going to be as easy as mapping values you have on other side.

In case of DDNS you may follow similar guidance, provided within CLI reference guide
    Search for ddns (dhcpv4-pool-config) on page 1438
    ddns domainname
    ddns multiple-user-class
    [i]ddns server [[i]|ddns ttl <1-864000>[/code]All available documentation can be found on Extreme Networks portal

Regards,
    Ondrej

• 3.  RE: How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

Posted 08-10-2019 09:01
    Im not sure that's what the OP was asking for (and not what I'd like to know!)

Having examined the user guide, and what is possible in the WiNG AP configuration, I suspect the answer is no, but:

Is it even possible to use an access point to perform dynamic updates to a service such as DynDNS / No-IP, which are intended for domestic Internet subscribers with a non-static IP address to ensure that their home IP is always resolvable from any Internet DNS server.

(This has been possible in Cisco IOS, for example, since version 12.2, I think, using the "ddns" config).

I hope I've described that properly. Thanks for looking!

• 4.  RE: How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

Posted 08-13-2019 07:57
    Looks like it's not possible. Not even sure what's the ddns command for. I can see it in user guides from WiNG 4 times so it's been there for a while.

You'll have to find another way.