Wireless (General)

Expand all | Collapse all

Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

• 1.  Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-20-2017 17:54
    Hello, everybody,

at the moment I have 120 APs and about 12000 users. Employees's SSID has beautiful authorization webform on Fortigate firewall, users use their Active DIrectory credentials and everything works fine, except I can't see AD accounts of wifi users in Netsight. This makes me very sad(

But I have an installation of mighty NAC!

Is there any step-by-step guide how to configure NAC to authorize AD users using a webform?

Could you please share it!

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

• 2.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-20-2017 18:28
    Why not use RADIUS auth?

• 3.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-20-2017 19:55
    You'd use the AD and ExtremeControl could query the user accounts via LDAP.

Could you post a screenshot of the current web login page that is used - I'd like to see how beautiful it is :-)

• 4.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-21-2017 13:09
    Could you explain a bit more about the deployment.
    What is the security on the WLAN service - is it open/none or WPA PSK or ECP?

• 5.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-22-2017 01:43
    You'd want to set up an Authenticated Registration portal in NAC. I couldn't find a step-by-step guide but the manual has everything you need. Is the current SSID using PSK?

• 6.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-22-2017 14:57
    in the NAC portal choose Authenticated registration. you need to configure AAA to your AD (Radius or LDAP). It should be quite strait forward.

Good luck.

Z.

• 7.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Hi,
    what do you mean?

For sure, I could authorize users over Microsoft NPS. But this is enterprise customers, they need a beautiful web page, not just two input string for login/password.

• 8.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Why's that even a requirement? By utilizing Radius auth you can skip the auth webpage, users simply put in their AD credentials for connecting to the SSID. You then have the users available in Identifi/NetSight and if you enable FSSO polling on the Fortigate you automatically authenticate users for the firewall as well.

I did this to alleviate double sign-ins.

http://cookbook.fortinet.com/fsso-polling-mode/

• 9.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-20-2017 19:55
    It's in Russian, Ron, are you sure?) I'll ask the customer for permission on Monday.

It would be great if someone post a link to a guide which will help me to configure web login page in NAC)

• 10.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-21-2017 13:09
    Hi, Ronald,

sure!

This is open SSID without authorization. When user connects to the SSID he tries to reach any of Internet resources and gets to Fortigate FG-600 where he asked for his AD credentials (on the beautiful HTTPS login web page).

That is it!

• 11.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Posted 10-22-2017 01:43
    Hi, James,

it is open SSID. I'll try to play with NAC without a guide(

Thanks!

• 12.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Hello, Pala,

Unfortunately, I can't find "Authenticated registrations" menu. I have Netsight 7.

Where could it be located?

• 13.  RE: Identifi: What is an easiest way to authenticate users in Active Directory using NAC?

Authenticated Registration would be in the portal configurations, in choosing what kind of portal features you are looking for.