Aerohive Migrated Content

Expand all | Collapse all

Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

• 1.  Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 15:22

Can it be done? I have some WAPs that are at 6.6, and want to go to 8.0 first before 8.2. but it is not in the list on the OS dropdown.

• 2.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 15:42

The HiveManager version needs to be equal to or higher than the HiveOS file you are trying to use. If the HiveManager came out before the HiveOS version was released, it won't know how to work with the newer version and it will fail to manage the device.

You can check what HiveManager versions support which HiveOS versions by checking the release notes of the HiveOS version you are trying to use. For example, the picture below is from the release notes for HiveOS 8.2r2, you can see the "Management platforms supported" line tells you which HiveManager versions can work with this HiveOS.

• 3.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 15:55

My HiveManager is 8.2r2. I have some WAPs that fail when I go from 6.6 to 8.2 (HiveOS) but I can upgrade to 8.0 on the WAPs through the GUI. I just want to do a mass upgrade on the WAPs through Hive Manager, but 8.0 OS is not on the list of OS's

• 4.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 16:13

If you could tell me what server you're on, I'll add the HiveOS firmware you are looking for to your server so you'll see it in that drop down menu. You can tell what server you're on by looking at the URL when you are logged in to your HiveManager. For example, https://hm-useast-507.aerohive.com/... the part in bold will tell me what server you are using.

I'll also need to know what model(s) of AP(s) you are working with so I can get you the correct HiveOS files.

• 5.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 16:16

hm-useast-518

AP230

• 6.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 17:37

Thanks very much for that Paul, I've added 8.0r1a for AP 230's to your server, can you let me know if you see it now?

• 7.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 18:41

Sam,

thanks. I can see it. I am able to update some of the WAPs. some fail. different errors

• 8.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 18:49

If you can let me know what error you're seeing I can see what we can do to get those resolved for you.

• 9.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 19:06

I tested on 8 WAPs. 4 successfully updated. 3 stopped at 55% with no error, and one gave me this error

"An error occurred when executing the following CLI command: save image scp:/​/​******@34.225.92.51:/​HiveManager/​downloads/​home/​image/​AP230-8.0r1a.img.S 04:05:00 2018-06-28 no-prompt _password ******.

The Aerohive device was unable to upgrade image to flash memory because there is not enough memory in the device or there is error occued during the file transfer process."

• 10.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 19:11

I found it was blocked on my firewall. I created and ACL to allow any inside to 34.225.92.51 and was able to upgrade. are there a list of aerhive IP ranges that I can put in an ACL to allow to?

• 11.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 19:22

Unfortunately we don't have a list, it would have to be so large to accommodate some of our dynamic scopes that it would be virtually unusable. Generally we suggest allowing the following ports to pass outbound traffic: UDP 12222, TCP 22, HTTP 80, TCP 443.

• 12.  RE: Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Posted 10-19-2018 19:34

Ok thanks. I have port 22 blocked outbound. I will see what I can do, now that I found the issue.

THANKS for your assistance!