Aerohive Migrated Content

Expand all | Collapse all

MAC Authentication

• 1.  MAC Authentication

Posted 12-26-2018 09:18

Hi, I am trying to configure MAC access, but it does not work correctly. I follow the following documentation, but it does not work, does not allow the connection. Can anybody help me? Thank you!

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radius-SSID-in-NG

• 2.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-26-2018 12:57

Could you add me as an external user to your HiveManager so I can take a look at the configuration to make sure we're set up properly? The email to use for this would be slynn@aerohive.com. No changes will be made without your express prior approval, I just want to take a look at the configuration. Please also provide your Organization name which can be found in Global Settings> Account details so I can be sure to access to the correct VHM.

• 3.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-26-2018 16:15

Hi friend,

I add you to my HiveManager, can you confirm it?

Organization Name INTERMARK IT 96

• 4.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-26-2018 20:32

Thank you for letting me know, but unfortunately I don't see an organization by that name in my list of VHM's I have access to. I couldn't find any with the word Intermark or the number 96. Could you confirm the organization one more time?

• 5.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-27-2018 08:18

Hi friend,

Thanks for you support, can you check it now?

• 6.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-27-2018 13:07

Hi David, thanks very much for the access, I do see that organization now. Which network policy and SSID should I look at? I took a look at the one named PolicyTest but that didn't have MAC auth enabled so I think I'm in the wrong place.

• 7.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-27-2018 13:27

Hi, Sam

Its the Policy GrupoIntermark, the SSID Intermark_Innovacion.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-27-2018 14:00

Thanks for letting me know. I took a look and everything looks correct to me. Would it be okay if I added an AP from my lab to your HiveManager? I'd like to push your policy out to my AP to test this from my side. This would take a bit of configuration so to detail what I'd like to do:

• Add an AP to your HiveManager temporarily (if you don't have enough entitlement keys to allow this, I would give you a temp key to expand the inventory so I could continue testing)
    • Create a test network policy named AerohiveTest
    • Use the SSID Intermakr_Innovacion in my new network policy
    • I'll have to change the user profile to use VLAN 1 temporarily so I can test this in my lab as I don't have the same VLANs you do. This will cause the other APs using this SSID to alert you that a change has been made, but I would not push this change to any AP other than my own so the change won't affect client devices. I will fix the user profile as soon as I've pushed the test to my AP so it will be the way you had it originally.
    • Add a user to your user group with my client MAC address

If this is all acceptable to you I can do this for you today and let you know the results. If you would be more comfortable doing this over a screen sharing session with a technician, I would urge you to contact your VAD so they can do this testing with you live.

• 9.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-27-2018 15:26

Hi Sam, ok. I dont have keys to add new HiveManager temporarily. Can you send me mail?

• 10.  RE: MAC Authentication

Posted 12-27-2018 15:36

I've emailed you the key for 1 device that will last for 30 days.