ExtremeCloud IQ- Site Engine & Extreme Management Center

• 1.  We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

Posted 06-23-2016 15:30
    We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol.

• 2.  RE: We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

Posted 06-23-2016 16:24
    Jose,

It looks like you don't need a script for this. In Inventory Manager just right click on the device and select file transfer method. Select SCP.

• 3.  RE: We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

Posted 06-23-2016 17:07
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for answer,

I selected SCP like transfer method, but it no works

but Inventory Manager shows me the following message

i have the following configuration on " IMAGES INFORMATION" tab

• 4.  RE: We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

Posted 06-23-2016 17:44
    scp...on this position is wrong...because it describes the method of moving config from switch to netsight-server / inventory-manager.
    When your Netsight-Sever is running on linux you need to create a cron-job using root-rights.

• 5.  RE: We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

Posted 06-23-2016 21:05
    In Netsight open the web help and search for "How to Set Up Third-Party Device Support".
    There you'd find a description how to add a custom device definition file = script.

I've tried it myself but the new file wasn't visible in the pull down menu to select - not sure what I'm doing wrong - I've restarted Netsight & the client.

The part in the file for the config backup looks like below but as I've mentioned I wasn't able to test it so I'm not sure whether it's correct..

-----BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
    delete configs/jcn3p.cfg
    show config outfile configs/jcn3p.cfg
    @receive 20
    copy configs/jcn3p.cfg scp://%SCP_USER%:%SCP_PSWD%@%SCP_IP%/%TARGET_FILE_NAME%
    exit

• 6.  RE: We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

Posted 04-25-2017 06:45
    Hello,

i had the same problem some times ago.

Working solution you can find below.
    I've changed scp user and pass to scp. You should create scp user on netsight server.

/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/InventoryMgr/properties/devicefiles

-- Use these scripts to manage Enterasys devices
    name="B5 SCP Enterasys Networks"
    desc="B5 SCP Enterasys Networks SSH/TFTP Scripts"
    protocol=scp
    --
    -----BEGIN PRE-SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
    -- create /home/scp/b5-config.cfg
    -- create absoluteFilePath2
    -----END PRE-SCRIPT-----

-----BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
    delete configs/config-b5.cfg
    @RECEIVE 5
    show config outfile configs/config-b5.cfg
    @RECEIVE 25
    copy configs/config-b5.cfg scp://%SCP_USER%:%SCP_PSWD%@%SCP_IP%/%RELATIVE_TARGET_FILE_PATH%
    @RECEIVE 25
    exit
    -----END SCRIPT-----