Expand all | Collapse all

Governance Engine

Ronald Dvorak

Ronald Dvorak07-28-2017 10:08

• 1.  Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:10
    Hi,

are there more informations available.

I'd see the product in the price list and the webpage shows only the datasheet with some marketing yada yada.

Is that only a license for EMC or another VM server ... what do I need to test this and is it available now, is there a trial license.

Thx,
    Ron

• 2.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:22
    Hi Ronald,

could you more specfic about your question.

are you looking for EMC 8 trail license details ?

Thanks,
    Suresh.B

• 3.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:26
    Hi Suresh,

I'm talking about the Information Governance Engine......
    https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/aabffb29-e3ae-4a86-8da7-914f66868612/information-governance-engi...

I'd like to test it in my lab but see no information how that system works = is it a part of EMC and I need only another license or is that a dedicated VM that tx information to EMC.

-Ron

• 4.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:26
    i can see below details as well.

NOTE: Governance tab functionality requires you to acquire an additional license.

Thanks,
    Suresh.B

• 5.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:30
    Hi Ronald,

If i go into below option and click on help i could see few details as below.

Extreme Management Center > Extreme Management Center Tabs > Governance > Governance DashboardThe Governance > Dashboard tab provides an overview of your audit test results performed over time on the devices in your network.

Use the drop-down menus at the top of the tab to select the regime and the date and time of the governance audit to view the results in the tab.

Thanks,

Suresh.B

• 6.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:37
    Hi Ronald,

Please find below details,

How to Obtain and Apply a Governance License in Management CenterTo use the Governance tab in Management Center, an additional license is required.

To obtain and apply the license in Management Center:

1. Contact your sales representative to purchase an IGE (Information Governance Engine) license. An email voucher is generated and sent to you with instructions.

• 7.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:43
    Thx, so I'd need a license to see the tab - makes sense.

I'm running EMC 8.0.2.42 with a NMS-ADV-U Cloud WLAN license and will try to load a trial license.
    I'll keep you posted on the results.

Cheers,
    Ron

• 8.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 07:46
    Hi Ronald,

Sure , we will wait for your response,

Thanks,
    Suresh.B

• 9.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 09:13
    Eval license does give you governance engine. You can apply eval license over the permanent license and all features will be unlocked = including IGE. Regards Z.

• 10.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 09:13
    The IGE is part of EMC installation = no special VM is needed.

• 11.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 10:08
    OK the eval license is installed on my lab system and I'd access the tab - more on my test results in the next topic.

AFAIK I'd only install one EMC eval license = I've installed a eval license last year on the customers EMC so he'd test NAC, right now the eval license is expired and the permanent license is active.

Q: Is it correct that I can't install another eval license in that case, if yes how could the customer test this new function or other new functions in the feature that require a separate license.

• 12.  RE: Governance Engine

You can delete the old eval license and place there new eval license.

The easiest way I use is to delete the file from the license directory (I hope I remember it well: /usr/local/Extreme Networks/Netsight/license/)

if there are more licenses there is license hierarchy = eval does have the highest precedense, the next is ADV the next is full the last is BASE.

• 13.  RE: Governance Engine

Thanks I'll give it a try.

• 14.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 07-28-2017 10:41
    I've run the PCI test on all my devices but I'd like to concentrate on the wireless controller because I've a little bit experience on that one :-)

My setup is a V2110 pair running 10.31.04 - all APs are on #1 and #2 is my standby.
    As they run in an availability pair all settings should be equal.

The result of the PCI test is that #1 passed with 89% and #2 failed with 5%.
    Also the number of test failed in the diagram doesn't reflect the number of failed test in the list of tests in both cases.

Here a screenshot of both results with a filter on failed tests....

Let's get into detail....

failed test#1&2 on both EWCs = secure connections (Disable weak ciphers for secure connections)
    On both EWCs (in GUI > Controller > Network > Secure Connections > enable Weak Cipers) the checkmark isn't set = disabled

failed test#5 only on EWC#2 = Default AP modes - strong cluster-shared secret
    On both EWCs (in GUI > AP > Global > Registration > Secure Cluster > Cluster Shared Secret) the same pw is set - I think it's the default - in my case MvrDqIeb

failed test#5-7 only on EWC#1 = Implement a strong password SNMP admin user
    On both EWCs (in GUI > Controller> Network > SNMP > SNMPv3) the same user snmpuser with default pw is set

Summary: Even both controllers of the pair have the same settings I get different results on the individual test and one controller passes the overall score with 89% and the second fails the score with 5%.

-Ron

• 15.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 08-04-2017 12:44
    Anyone from the EMC team that like to comment on the wrong information in the report ?

• 16.  RE: Governance Engine

Posted 11-15-2017 12:29
    very interesting
    as our company needs to fulfill PCI-DSS standards I was intressted in this new feature.
    but as it looks it is too early for that

i didn't knew a seperate license is needed!