ExtremeCloud IQ- Site Engine & Extreme Management Center

Expand all | Collapse all

Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

• 1.  Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 05-20-2016 10:43
    Hello, I'm currently changing my Netsight-Authentication from OS to LDAP (MS Active Directory). I've 2 groups in AD. 1 for admins and 1 for operators. Is there a way to configure that all groupmembers have access to netsight with definded AuthorizationGroups in Netsight? I'm currently a bit confusing about situation.

• 2.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

• 3.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 05-20-2016 11:11
    Hi Ron, thanks for your reply, but it doesn't really help... because it shows NAC and not Netsight...But it helps thinking... "Membership Criteria" seems to be the field I need in Auth-Group configuration

• 4.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 05-20-2016 11:13
    Also see the following. I believe you will need the user setup in both parts, to get the 'separation' into different groups from Netsights point of view.

• 5.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 05-20-2016 11:16
    @Mike That meens, that I need to create user in "authorized Users" Tab in Netsight? Or is this only nessecary for local users?

• 6.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 05-20-2016 11:39
    No, it's needed for LDAP as well. We don't expect users to want anyone within an LDAP group to get access.

• 7.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 06-23-2017 04:07
    and still it works...
    You do not need to create users in netsight...they will automatically added, if they are groupmembers in LDAP...

• 8.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 04-25-2018 10:36
    This function is not implemented very well...
    I've a lot LDAP setups at customers but sometimes the automatic groubmembership is not working, but I don't understand why.... When I add user to ldap group in netsight, it works... but this is not the function I will have.

Some Ideas, why this wouldn't work every time?

• 9.  RE: Netsight LDAP Authentication of Groupmembers

Posted 06-23-2017 04:07
    I've had the same problem but solved it. The correct membership criteria of the Authorization Group should be memberOf="DN of the AD Group". IMHO the instruction in the help is not very correct.