ExtremeCloud IQ- Site Engine & Extreme Management Center

• 1.  Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-02-2017 10:21
    We created a Map in Netsight and added 4 devices and Saved the Map. When I click on the map now it says
    Access Denied :This map contains devices that are restricted from view by your user group.
    We have only one user in Netsight.

• 2.  RE: Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-02-2017 10:40
    Could you post a screenshot of the error message and is the user in the default group that has all rights or not.

Here a link to a article on how to change the group privileges...

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-setup-and-Use-Netsight-Authorizatio...

• 3.  RE: Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-02-2017 12:45
    I saw that behavior also in previous versions. are you running the latest 7.0.8 ?

• 4.  RE: Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-02-2017 13:20
    We are using 7.0.6.27 Netsight Suite

There are multiple maps created and dont have access only for 2 maps. We have only one user Root and added the User to Netsight Administrator which has full access. Maps was created using the same Root account.

• 5.  RE: Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-02-2017 23:48
    Hi Sandeep,

Please check if you see any difference between below map properties from working to not working

[i][i]Map name

Map type

Parent map

Pan/zoom control

Thanks,
    Suresh.B

• 6.  RE: Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-04-2017 09:37
    I can check the details only on the map for which I have access, rest of the Maps says access denied.

• 7.  RE: Net Sight Map Access denied

Posted 01-05-2017 12:50
    Its solved after restarting the service(nsserver restart/stop/start) on the Netsight