ExtremeCloud IQ- Site Engine & Extreme Management Center

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

• 1.  Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

Posted 10-28-2018 20:17
    Hello,

Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour in XMC?
    If have to start it every five minutes for example.

If necessary to edit some hidden files, that is not a problem for me 😉.

Best regards
    Stephan

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

Posted 10-29-2018 21:02
    Worst case scenario is to copy the task 12 times and set the start time +5min for every task.
    Not sure how many different tasks you need - if it's a lot then that would be a pain in the.....

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

Posted 10-29-2018 21:17
    Hey Ron,

that's a good idea. It's a nasty workaround but much better than nothing and it works.

Best regards
    Stephan

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

Posted 11-01-2018 16:20
    Hi Stephan,

all tasks are saved in XMCs local mysql database.

With necessary SQL knowledge you can multiply the needed tasks as you need.

Unfortunately i never try.

Regards

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

Posted 11-01-2018 16:42
    Hi Stephan,

do you know this:

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to start a scheduled task more often than every hour?

Posted 11-01-2018 19:53
    Hello Matthias,

thenk you for your tips. I already know both and I have already tried to solve my problem with it. I also found the table where the time is stored (ns_qrtz_cron_triggers).
    However, there are several dependencies on other tables regarding start and end times as well as the value "next run" from the Scheduled Task. Therefore, it is difficult to see whether manual changes are needed and do not break anything.

Thus, the idea of ​​Ron is easier implement.

There is already a FR 0170550 with the desire to change the behavior via the GUI.

Best regards
    Stephan