ExtremeCloud IQ- Site Engine & Extreme Management Center

Expand all | Collapse all

netsight high availability

• 1.  netsight high availability

Posted 04-09-2018 09:33
    Hi All,

I have a question regarding the ExtremeManagement Center.
    How can I create a redundant XMC system (virtual and physical). Where do I find installation guide about high-availability?

Thanks in advance!
    Best Regards,
    Attila

• 2.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 04-09-2018 09:49
    First of all, why am I receiving these emails? I have got nothing to di with these tech discussion. I also have unsubscribed this however still receiving these updates. — Parimita p.s - I will rather be interested in joining you guys if there is any editorial role your firm has in India.

• 3.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 04-09-2018 18:03
    Hi.

the recommended way to deal with HA is through the hypervisor = https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/common/ns_failover/nsf_ht_set_up.html?Highlight=HA

There is also kind of "dirty" and "unsupported" way to sync the internal database and if the primary instance fails then you can run the secondary instance.

Best regards

Zdenek

• 4.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 04-09-2018 10:27
    Hello Attila,

up to now there is no option for a redundant installation of XMC. This will be a future function.

The Extreme Control (NAC) appliances can be redundant. These devices have to be always on to allow network access.

Best regards
    Stephan

• 5.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 04-09-2018 10:38
    Hello Stephan,

Thank you for your response!
    Have you got any information about when the mentioned feature will be implemented?

Best Regards,
    Attila

• 6.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 04-09-2018 09:49
    Let's cover this in its own topic. Please reference the new conversation here: Unsubscribing from email notifications

• 7.  RE: netsight high availability

No sorry,

I am not sure if there is an exact roadmap for this feature. Maybe one of the Extreme guys here has more information's.

• 8.  RE: netsight high availability

Hello Stephan,

Ok, Thank you for your answers,

BR,
    Attila

• 9.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 01-21-2020 15:54

Is this still the recommneded way? I notice with the advanced licenese you get 3 intances. Production server, HA server and a test / developement server. But with the linked solution you only need one and allow VMware to handle the HA. Is Extreme developing and HA for XMC with 2 servers? 

• 10.  RE: netsight high availability

Posted 01-21-2020 16:18

For 8.3 and 8.4 this is recommended: https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/common/ns_failover/common_ha.htm

Correct with NMS-ADV license you can run the XMC three times. I saw some customers do synchronization of configs from the primary to the backup instance. Recommended is to use Hypervisor.