ExtremeSwitching (ERS)
Questions and discussions about ERS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

HW vs FW vs SW versions

Ethernet Routing Switch 4950GTS-PWR+     HW:24       FW:7.5.0.4   SW:v7.9.3.027 BN:27This may be a very simple question but I cannot for the life of me find any info about this online.  What is the difference between the 3 ?  Some of my switches have...

MSTP Topology Change

Hi all, I am trying to wrap my head around the article below which states 1) Disable STP on the uplink/trunk and set the other ports to edge-port true:I'm am wondering why this is the recommendation for this issue?  Wouldn't disabling STP on uplinks ...

Resolved! SLPP-GUARD over MLT

Hi Team,Over this topology:SLPP in COREs and SLPP-GUARd in edge ports on ERS-STACK1, but what about MLT ports (x,y)? Could I apply SLPP-GUARD over MLT? Is there any other option to detect loops in the MLT between stacks?Thanks in advance.EF1 

topoMLT.jpg
EF by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is there an ERS VM?

I know about the VOSS and EXOS vms that are on Extreme's GitHub page.But i would like to have a ERS vm, since ERS.If im not mistaken it runs its own OS or a BOSS.Does anyone have any ideas?

Sami117 by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! EAPOL Init vs EAPOL Reauthenticate

Hi can somebody tell me what the difference is betweeneapol init and eapol reauthenticate on the port level on the ERS 4950s?There appears to be a scenario, where after boot up, some devices get stuck on the EAPOl guest vlan until someone runs eapol ...

GTM-P2G8KFN