Solved

Change Sytem Mode on BR-MLX-MR2-X

• 16 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I ask you about a request on system mode change.

I had a MLXe4 with Management Module BR-MLX-MR2-X on XMR with v6.0 and i need to convert him on MLX system mode in v5.6.

How it’s possible ?

Thanks by advance !

Thomas

icon

Best answer by theale 11 September 2020, 21:06

Hi Thomas,

Your initial question was not clear, but based on the additional comments it looks like you want to support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module.

This module is only supported with the system running in MLX mode, so you cannot use the BR-MLX-MR2-X management module with this module, it is not supported.

To support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module you need to use the BR-MLX-MR2-M management module, so the system is running in MLX mode.

Check the Release Notes module compatibility matrix for the version you are running for details:

I hope this has answered your question.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

What is the use case? The X management board can recognize any line cards, even the -Ms. You may just disable turbo mode for the fabric and unblock g1 cards if necessary.

Hi joergkost,

Thanks for your answer !

I need too use ni-mlx-8-port-10g-m, ss you say no problem for -m but i need to use ni-mlx-20-port-1g-100fx too so it’s impossible with XMR system mode.

Userlevel 2

Oh, I don’t know  the exact details about this card.  At least in the release notes from 5.4 upwards, it is also not listed as compatible module.  I have also believed booting the -X  management with -M interface cards only, will drop it to MLX mode, but currently I have no test device with -M interface cards. 

We have one unused, almost never used -M management card and in doubt I can offer to trade 😉 (if you are in Europe).  Let’s ping and  wait what an Extreme employee can find out in this case. 

Hi Thomas,

Your initial question was not clear, but based on the additional comments it looks like you want to support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module.

This module is only supported with the system running in MLX mode, so you cannot use the BR-MLX-MR2-X management module with this module, it is not supported.

To support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module you need to use the BR-MLX-MR2-M management module, so the system is running in MLX mode.

Check the Release Notes module compatibility matrix for the version you are running for details:

I hope this has answered your question.