Blog

FN-2018-422 - SLX 9540 File System Becomes Read-Only (update)

• 14 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Extreme would like to inform our SLX9540 customers of an important update to FN-2018-422.
This Field Notice was recently updated to include information about a new SSD Firmware version. The firmware image has been updated to resolve some performance issues.

Please take a look at the Field Notice to see if you should perform the update procedures outlined therein: FN-2018-422 - SLX 9540 File System Becomes Read-Only

2 replies

Userlevel 1
The FN mentions FW1166, but I think this shall be FW1167?
Userlevel 1
Just updated,
also there is a small typo inside the instruction:

code:
/sbin/hdparm --fwdownload-mode3-max ./ FW1198_TT-Disabled_DLMC_BGA.bin --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing --please-destroy-my-drive /dev/sda
/sbin/hdparm --fwdownload-mode3-max ./ FW1198_TT-Disabled_DLMC_BGA.bin --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing --please-destroy-my-drive /dev/sdb

shall be

code:
/sbin/hdparm --fwdownload-mode3-max ./FW1198_TT-Disabled_DLMC_BGA.bin --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing --please-destroy-my-drive /dev/sda
/sbin/hdparm --fwdownload-mode3-max ./FW1198_TT-Disabled_DLMC_BGA.bin --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing --please-destroy-my-drive /dev/sdb

without the starting space character in the filename, if the file is in the current directory.