Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge bypass ge1 & ge2 AP310i-WR

Bridge bypass ge1 & ge2 AP310i-WR

ThorstenS
New Contributor
Hi,

I´m trying to setup a AP310i-WR with static link-aggregation to a Dell Powerswitch N1548P. To secure the lag, I´ve enabled BPDU-Protection on the Dell Powerswitch.

If I connect the Accesspoint only with one Port (ge1), it starts normally. If I connect the Accesspoint with both ports at the same time, the switch recognize BPDU-Traffic on both switchports and deactivate them. Thus the Accesspoint never comes up 😞 .

Maybe there is a bridge-bypass configured similar to: Turn off the bypass function on Sophos-devices? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thorsten
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Thorsten,

This thread should be opened in WiNG and not Aerohive. 

Having said that, is the AP in WiNG Distributed or WiNG Centralized operational mode?
Have you configured LACP using these settings: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000097379?

Regards,

------------------------------
Christoph S.
Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Thorsten,

This thread should be opened in WiNG and not Aerohive. 

Having said that, is the AP in WiNG Distributed or WiNG Centralized operational mode?
Have you configured LACP using these settings: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000097379?

Regards,

Christoph S.
Christoph S.

Hi Christoph,

thanks for feedback. The accesspoint is controlled by VX-9000. LAG was configured by an external supporter, I can´t compare the config with the howto, because your link does not work.

Btw, I´ve checked the traffic with wireshark and it seems, that both interfaces bridge for a short time until the ap is booting.

48d09ba8561c4582be282edfadf67aaf.png
Unfortunately, this makes it impossible to secure the lag with bpdu-protection. If anyone has any other ideas?

Regards,
Thorsten

Hi,

you can close this thread. The port-channel config was missing at the ap, due ge1 and ge2 were in bridge-mode. The behavior of BPDU-Protection on the Dell-switch was correct. 🙂
GTM-P2G8KFN