cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX5500 Controllers

NX5500 Controllers

OGB-NIKO
Contributor
We are currently running an NX5500 cluster in activ/standbuy mode version 7.5.1 we would like to change it to activ activ what do i need to do to make that happen?
3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello OGB,

May we ask about the reason behind this request?

Thank you,

------------------------------
Christoph S.
------------------------------
Christoph S.

I was told by support that they do not recommend doing that.

Hello OGB-NIKO,
       The following is from our Wing Clustering document:

Active / Active or Active / Standby
The configuration of your cluster will require a mode to be established for the desired operation within your environment.

In a large enterprise / NOC deployments with several thousand or more Access Points, the cluster mode must be set to Active / Standby in order to maintain statistics and other information in the UI / CLI. Active / Active should only be used in small / medium size campus deployments with MINT tunneling where Access Point load balancing will actually provide a benefit. Other deployments will not benefit from Active / Active setup whatsoever.

The general recommendation is to keep clustering in Active / Standby for most of deployments for fault tolerance, ease of troubleshooting. Note that Active / Active clustering is not supported for the NOC controllers managing remote sites.

I have uploaded the latest Wing Clustering Guide, which has everything you require for Wing clustering (Active/Active or Active/Standby).
GTM-P2G8KFN