Our office have Router Brocade MLXe 4.
When i had changed password Router Brocade MLXe 4 using this command line interface :
username admin password 8 newpassword
i cannot login to Router Brocade MLXe 4 used newpassword, i dont know why ?
so i tried used oldpassword but the result still cannot login/wrong password.
i had restart router device but the maybe my new config had saved so the result same like before restart router.
could you help us? how to reset factory our Router Brocade MLXe 4?
Best answer by Michael Andreas Dinius
Recovering from a lost password
Recovery from a lost password requires direct access to the serial port and a system reset.
You can perform this procedure only from the CLI.
Follow the steps listed below to recover from a lost password.
1. Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the device.
2. Reboot the device.
3. At the initial boot prompt at system startup, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
4. Enter no password at the prompt. (You cannot abbreviate this command.) This command will
cause the device to bypass the system password check.
5. Enter boot system flash primary at the prompt, and enter y when asked “Are you sure?”.
6. After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.
From Netiron Config Guide