Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 28
Photo of DH
Upgrade firmware on EAPS Master
I need to upgrade the firmware on my EAPS Master which is a stack of 2 - X450-G2-48p's. When I reboot the stack how will the ring be affe...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
BD8810 individual modules MAC addresses
Hello, Is it possible to pull the MAC address from each individual module? All I can seem to get is the chassis MAC address and we need t...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of dr.watson
Netsight Map view
Hi Guys,i have created a new map in netsight with Juniper MX 104 and Extreme Networks Switche.I have now the problem that  I have no auto...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Stack only showing hal process for one node
We have a stack of 2 X450-G2-48P switches running 22.2.1.5. A while back one node failed as the hal process consumed 98% of the CPU and t...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Switch in stack keeps resetting
I have a stack with 5 x450e-48p switches. Back in January I replaced slot 3 due to it failing and all was good after that. A couple weeks...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Robert LeClerc
SNMPv3 on Solarwinds, test passes but no metrics other than ICMP/CPU
We are just introducing Extreme to our environment so this is the first device being attempted. I've added the SNMPv3 settings to the swi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of JP
Small packet loss when pinging management IP of switch
I am experiencing a small packet loss (about 400 dropped packets in about 8 hr period) when pinging the ip I have assigned to a 440g2 sta...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of DH
Map only rights in Oneview
My director has asked to view the maps in Oneview and I don't want to give him admin rights to do so. I have created a new group and went...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David
Replace a complete switch stack
Hey guys, it looks like we are having an issue with a stack that has 5 nodes. At some point or another a node will fail so it came to be ...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Installing 2 XGM3-2SF modules in a active stack
Hello,  I have a stack consisting of (2) X460-48p switches. We have purchased (2) XGM3S-2SF modules to run 10GB SFP+ connections from ea...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Switch stack uplinks to network
I have a stack of 5 X440-48p G2 switches. I want to have a LAG uplink to the network and am wondering if the 2 ports should be on the mas...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Upgrading xos on stack with mismatched versions on the partition it will install too
I will be upgrading the xos on a 5 node stack to 15.1.1.6 since I cannot find the download for 15.5.3.2-patch1-14. I was told that is the...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Change algorithm on port share
I have a port share created with custom lacp and need to change it to l2 lacp. Do I need to disable sharing and recreate it or can I chan...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
100 nodes max on map
Does anyone know if there is a way around the 100 max nodes per map? 
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of DH
MS Surface trying to run LLDP script for phones
We run LLDP scripts for our MITEL VOIP phones and I have noticed that Microsoft Surfaces running Windows 10 try to run the LLDP script co...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
2 node X460-48p stack failed to connect to the collector
We had an issue this past weekend that caused our stack to reboot node 1. When I looked in the logs I saw the below a few times. What wo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Netsight 6.3 to Extreme Management 7.0
Would it be best to build a new server for the 7.0 or upgrade the existing 6.3 server? Has anyone installed this new version yet and what...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Using OneView to upgrade XOS on switch don't reboot
Using OneView 7.0.5.12 to upgrade the XOS on a X450e-24p switch and it downloads to the switch and installs but the switch never reboots ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Name resolution on the dashboard
Hello,  How can I get the Dashboard to shows switch names instead of IP's? I don't have DNS resolution on my network equipment so can it...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of DH
Upgrade bootrom on module in BD8810
I installed a new module in our BD8810 this morning and it logged "HAL.Card: MSM-A: Slot 4 bootrom 1.0.4.0 is out of date, do 'install fi...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered