Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 59
Photo of Prabhu.M
WiNG AP 7522 is not managing with WiNG VX9000 controller?
I am unable to manage the WiNG AP7522 to WiNG VX9000 controller, I have checked the firmware version of AP and Controller even though bot...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Mike Rodriguez
Show entire port configuration for a specific port
I would like to have the entire configuration for a specific port > output in the same way you can view the entire configuration for a vl...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Eric Burke
MLAG and single-connected devices
We're a bit new to using MLAG and I sense we may have implemented a flawed design, but I'm curious to get feedback on what might have cau...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Danial Jalil
Can Exos 670v be used as Media Converter?
Can Exos 670v be used as Media Converter? If on one port we have a 10G Ethernet SFP stick and on the other port we have a 10G Optical sti...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Eric Burke
Warehouse wireless coverage with dipoles on 7632e vs. 7632i
I've been working on a design for a 253,000 sq. ft. warehouse (~300 x 800) with 36' ceilings (bottom of steel ceiling joists). The origin...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jennifer Smith
port mirror issue
I am trying to put together purview in my lab. I had all my devices discovered by netsight and was doing well, however the sensor would n...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of modris bernands
LACP between PaloAlto and ExOS, and then VLAN
We have: - PaloAlto PA-500 (firewall/router) - Extreme X350-48 ver.12.6.2.10 For now we have individual cable for each vlan. like this ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave Hanna
Unmanaged switch loop prevention connected to 460-G2
So we have a bunch of 460-G2's we will be replacing some enterasys C2's. Currently SpanGuard on the C2's was not enabled hence when peopl...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Andrew Webster
How to set adoption preference?
I have a situation where remote APs are sometimes ending up on the DR site's VX controller after a communications outage. Is it possible...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Eric Burke
WM3600 to NX5500 AP Support
We have a client with about 130 AP4532, 4522 and 4762 outdoor AP's. I'd like to upgrade the controllers to NX5500's from WM3600's both to...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dawid
EAPS primary with ERPS subring
Hello!  We have EAPS ring with 4 Extreme switches: E1-E2-E3-E4-E1. E1 is the master. 2 Huawei ERPS switches have to be connected to the o...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Konstantinos
Outdoor Lightning Protection AP6562 Internal Antennas
Hi, What needs to be done to effectively protect an outdoor AP 6562 (int. antennas) from lightning? In the antenna guide documentation...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Eric Burke
7662i Detailed Specs?
Does anyone have detailed reference materials (such as mechanical drawings) of the 7662i backplate, mounting options, mounts, etc.? Have ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kai Thost
APs in bridged/client mode
Hi guys, I am pretty new to ExtremeNetworks so please excuse a maybe pretty easy question. We need to put an AP to "client/bridge"-mode...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Brad
Cannot ping in/out of switch but can ping through it
I recently setup a new extreme switch that I am having a problem with. The switch itself is not able to ping out and other devices aren't...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Eric Burke
Partner - RF Planner Problems
No "planning" options show up in the partner RF planning tool. I get options to manage plans, save plans, open plans, report, venues, etc...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Adam Joseph
How to make 2 switches talk after connecting with fiber?
Hi First off, I'm very new to this, so please bear with me as I'm learning. I've tried to research this but I don't know the keywords I ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Eric Burke
L3 Switch acting as Internet router between /30 and routed subnet (outside of firewall)
Looking for a "best practices" example using an EXOS switch acting as both a private network switch and an internet router.  We have seve...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Aires Sysadmins
Port Mirroring to Multiple Ports - Duplicate Traffic?
Having 2 "to ports" configured in a mirror, are they identical duplicated traffic from the mirror ports in the port-list or are the 2 por...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Yusuf Kabbara
What are the security best practices for management access lines "Mngmnt, Vty, Console" in EXOS?
Hello everybody, I have many X440 switches outdoor so many people could physically access, and I need to know the best practices to save...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered