Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 95
Photo of Steven Yaw
How can I configure both BGP for ipv4 and ipv6 on the same Extreme Layer 3 switches using XOS v16.2?
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Frank
Access-list (rate limiting) and port shares / LAG/LACP
On a Summit-X460, Exos 15/16.x, I have a LAG I also have ingress ACLs (for rate limiting) and egress rate-limits. Do I apply those to al...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ben Giles
Log traffic between two end points?
I have the following extreme switches running layer 2 and layer 3 for our organisation: X670 G1 Firmware 16.2.2.4 X670 G2 Firmware 21.1....
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of bw447
multiple bootprelay servers
We are working on building a more resilient network. One key part is DHCP. Our server team is working on setting up our servers (Window...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lexus92008
MLAG+VRRP is not works properly
Hello, community! I have some trouble in work two X690 like core switches, First is HQ-690, second is TR-690. They are MLAG-peers, VRRP-...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Martin Shadbolt
Recommended SNMP and Syslog configuration for Security Monitoring
We maintain a fleet of Extreme switches (predominantly Summit series). I'm looking for a best practice guide or similar for the configura...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Frank
NAPALM driver/support?
I was wondering if you had a NAPALM driver for EXOS, are working on one, or are planning on working on one? (https://napalm.readthedocs.i...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Ronald Dvorak
XOS version on the download and release notes page
I'm not an expert on XOS but the version name of the software is very confusing on the download / release note page. i.e. if I run a "sh...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Frank
Policy/Source based routing in EXOS on a VR
I know... yet another PBR question, maybe I just need clarification. I have two 8800s, 15.6.3.1 p1-9 (can be updated to 16.latest if nee...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mike Rodriguez
Show entire port configuration for a specific port
I would like to have the entire configuration for a specific port > output in the same way you can view the entire configuration for a vl...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of M.Nees
XOS: How to create CLI aliases / shortcuts ?
Is it possible to create command shortcuts for commands which are often used or cumbersome to type in ? Like other major vendors "alias e...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Frank
Remote Mirror Clarification Wanted
I basically have the layout that was discussed in https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/remote-mirroring-trunk-lacp, but I...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nusraddin
About Tacacs authorization and authentication
Hello, We got demo Extreme network switch to our company for trying it. Actually we have all Cİsco switch and we manage them but we want...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Florian Knorn
Using SNMP, how can I find the VLANs associated with an interface
Using SNMP, how can I find the VLANs associated with an interface? I know I can snmpwalk 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.4.17.1.1 but that only start...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nico10
Trunk with DHCP for access point
Hi, I've a problem with my access point with my switches, i use Meraki platform for control WIFI. Normally i plug access point in my swi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Marvell Kay
Cant SSH2 to Extreme switches via Ubuntu
We recently enable SSH2 in our environment.  I am able to SSH to Cisco switches without any issue but can not to any Extreme switch.  I c...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Frank
VRRP fabric routing, secondary IPs and IPv6?
Now that fabric routing has caught my attention, I have a couple of questions (for 16.2+, I don't think I can run 21+ on my BD8806) 1) D...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David
Summit x460 syslog configuration help
Hello all, I need assistance configuring syslog to work correctly with a trial software called EventLog Analyzer. I followed the instruct...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Suirnder Pal
what is the command on extreme switch to move from execution level to configuration level
Extreme switch is under TACACS authentication and I could not move from execution level (>) to configuration level(#) . see below command...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Frank
"rate-limit egress" logging - can it be done?
I'm (successfully) limiting egress rates on select ports of my 460s via "config port 29 rate-limit egress 5000 Kbps" (set low for test pu...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered