Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 249
Photo of Gregory Krueger
Recommendation for configuration of Management port when Summit x440-24P is only switch in the network
I'm looking to see if anyone can give me a recommended configuration for the management port for a small network.  I'm an automation engi...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of brian osgoiod
Extreme equivalent of trunking
I am having difficulty understanding how multiple vlans are transported between extreme switches (not stacked) and how they are physicall...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul
How to create SNMP configuration to use solarwinds Network Performance Monitor
I want to use solarwinds Network Performance Monitor to manage Extreme switches x150, x250, x450 etc. SolarWinds Community String : sol...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Siva
Two extreme switch can ping each other
Good day all I have been looking around if this has been ask and answer it seems I can’t find any. I have a problem with two extre...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Ilya Semenov
Correct rule to allow DHCP in ACL for a VLAN
Hello, everybody!  I need to allow DHCP traffic for a certain VLAN in ACL. Is my rule correct? entry DHCP { if  { protocol udp ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ilya Semenov
May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?
Hello, team! I've configured IPs for MGMT-ports of all my Exteme switches and connected them to dedicated 2960. Ping works fine but I am...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Peter Bird
Removal of a SummitStack member
How do you clean up stacking config and port info after a stack member has been removed? After removing a stack member by logging into ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Thorsten Breidenbach
FN414 - Memory Leak in HAL Process in EXOS 16.1.4 - How urgent?
Hi, FN414 mention memory leak in HAL process which lead to network instability or switch reboot. My question is how urgent an update t...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Sikander Shah
can not telnet from one switch to an other!
I can ping to my connected switch but can not telnet the switch. * Extreme_Demo_Switch-3.4 # ping  192.168.10.16Ping(ICMP) 192.168.10.16...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Helio Jose Erhardt
Radius Authentication configuring switch x440 as a client in NPS-Windows Server 2008 Enterprise.
Good afternoon. I trying to accomplish Radius authentication, configuring switch x440 as a client in NPS-Windows Server 2008 Enterprise. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of M.Nees
EXOS CLI Cursor jumping
EXOS CLI cursor is sometimes jumping out of the windows - especially on long command lines or if the putty windows was resized during the...
  • 5 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of bw447
EXOS how to reset a port to factory default
Is there a way to reset a port back to factory default. For instance if I have a port with 7 vlans tagged and 1 untagged with elrp on ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Sai Prasad Rao Rapolu
Few IP phones disconnecting frequently connected to extreme switch
We have few IP phones connected to extreme switch , single port carries both voice and data vlan. Both voip abd data have static it's....
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Hemant Bajaj
How to delete the .xos installed image from extreme switch on 16.x.x.x.
How to delete the .xos installed image from extreme switch on 16.x.x.x.
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ian Broadway
Netsight 6.3.0.179 wont Start.
Have upgraded Netsight to 6.3.0.179 and now it wont launch properly.Service Manager on startup states "unable to find java runtime" "Appl...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ilya Semenov
Are there any limits for bootprelay enabled VLANs and how many different DHCP servers may I use simultaneously?
Hello, everybody! Are there any limits for bootprelay enabled VLANs and how many different DHCP servers may I use simultaneously? Just ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Victor Vit
Disable going multicast between subvlans in supervlan.
Dear Colleagues,    If I use separate vlans on Extreme X450-24 ver. 15.3.2.11 on default settings multicast trafic doesn't route betwee...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rigoberto Rojas
BFD on LAG
Hi Experts, We are planning to implement BFD on LAG using X670 Switches and CISCO Nexus. I couldn't find any reference of Micro BFD ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Julian Eble
Vlan Isolation
Hello Community, I`m wondering if it`s possible to do something like "port isolation" for vlan. I want that one particular vlan doesn`t...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul
Configuring OSPF on x620 with AE license
I wish to configure OSPF on a broadcast segment with 2x x620. When I attempted to do this I was surprised to find that if I wanted to set...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved