Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 271
Photo of julienb
edge-safeguard enabled by default
Hi, Is there a way to enable by default for every ports the STP mode edge-safeguard with bpdu-restrict ? Like the "spanning-tree portfas...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of brian osgoiod
Extreme equivalent of trunking
I am having difficulty understanding how multiple vlans are transported between extreme switches (not stacked) and how they are physicall...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Drew C.
Virtual EXOS and GNS3 - Setup Guide and Premade Projects
Many people have already found Virtual EXOS on GitHub.  For those of you who haven’t, you’re in for a treat!  Pairing GNS3 with Virtual E...
  • 6 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Ronald Dvorak
firmware download page too complicated
I'd like to upgrade my EMC but I don't plan to search for minutes on the download page for the right file. Example: I'm sorry but eithe...
  • 21 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Obernan Cavalcante
A4 - High CPU utilization "SysIdleTask" process
Hi I installed a few A4 switches recently and realized that they are all showing high cpu utilization  in the "SysIdleTask" process. Do...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jhonn Bejar
LAG sharing packet loss and high latency
I have 2 swtiches X670G2-48x-4q, both are working correctly with a LAG (2 ports), version is EXOS 16.1.3.6-patch1-9 Switch1: enable sha...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Valter Veiga
Apple MacBook Sierra Wireless WIFI 5GHZ
MacBook running HighSierra in wireless 5Ghz very instable in access-points 3825, 3805, 3912 with controller C25 running v10.31.04 ou v10....
  • 2 me toos
  • 32 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Enterasys
[EMC 7.0.6.27] Comparison method violates its general contract!
Hi Guys! Today my NetSight (v 7.0.6.27) started showing an Error message with caption "Could not load report." each time when I am loggi...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Grzegorz Niemiec
SNMPv3 Adding New EXOS Switch to NETSIGHT via Script snmpassist
Hi All.I’m in a process of fisrt configuration of netsight. I wish to add XOS switch (X440-g2) to netsight by using script snmpassist. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Ilya Semenov
CISCO switches with LLDP enabled don't appear at Topology maps in OneView
Hello, everybody! I have Netsight 6.3.182 and a lot of Extreme switches with LLDP enabled. I've added them all to the Netsight over SNMP...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ilya Semenov
Could I see syslog messages from OneView?
Hello, everybody, now I can find syslog messages only in Legacy Java "Console" application. Could it be found in Oneview? Thanks
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Martin Flammia
Rest Analytics FPM Limit Exceeded
Hi, We had an issue in the network that caused the flow rate to hit the roof, and now Extreme Analytics is complaining that the FPM limi...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Stanley Riley Jr.
What procedure do I follow to upgrade XOS on all switches in a pre-existing stack (X460s)?
What procedure do I follow to upgrade XOS on all switches in a pre-existing stack (X460s)?
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Da Mon
What's the step to upgrade XOS from 12.5.4.5 to 16.2.3.4 patch 1-14 on summit x480-48t
I have a few X480 extreme switches here at Intel and want to upgrade the OS on them I already got summitX480-16.2.3.5-patch1-14.xos from ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jeremy
Expand Virtual Hard Drive Netsight VM
We have the VM of NetSight.  The VM creates a 100 Gb drive and that is already filled up.  I would like to expand the virtual drive to 20...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Matthew Perry
Policy to allow only internet access
I'm trying to setup a Internet only Policy for wired ports.  I've created permit role and added deny destination rules for our local netw...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mau Medina
Configuration IP ADDRESS on Enterasys for a VLAN
Hi everyone I'm a noob with Enterasys sws. Please need your help We've 6 switchs (2 Cisco and 4 Enterasys A2) every switch is in a diff...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Rahman Duran
Recommendations for L2 Edge Devices
Hi, Sorry to bump this. But we need to decide what to use for L2 edge devices. there are 40 to 100 devices we need to buy or replace nex...
  • 3 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Igor
Stacking speed for X440-G2
Could please explain me which stacking speed on X440-G2? I read documentation and see 10Gbit/s. This is full or half duplex? Can I reach ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John
Spanning Tree MSTP region and general STP question
Hi all, I’m getting ready to decommission some Summit x450e’s and replace them with x460-G2’s. As I’m not very familiar with MTSP or E...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered