Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 37
Photo of jeronimo
Topology: MLAG
Hey,Can you validate that the following is a valid setup using MLAG.Sites A and B contain two MLAG peers each.There are two independent l...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of bw447
Extreme's Self-Aware Equipment
A member on our team saw this entry on one of our x460 switches a couple weeks ago.   Extreme is pushing the limits on self-aware device...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Resolut1on
TTL expired in transit!
Hi Friends,  Good day.  I have problem with Inter-Vlan. Our goal is PC1 must communicate to PC2 with different VLANs. same as PC2 to P...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of brian osgoiod
Extreme equivalent of trunking
I am having difficulty understanding how multiple vlans are transported between extreme switches (not stacked) and how they are physicall...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tim Smith
ACL in EXOS
Hi expert, I write an ACL and apply it to port 39 to deny all other traffic(only permit 2 host), but the deny not work. Could you please ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Shannon Rowe
Virtual Router Specific Config
We are looking at creating a new VR to segregate the routing of traffic. I've setup a lab for this and have it working conceptually. A c...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Thornton
Manual AP upgrades
I have an AP3805i in our lab that we use when troubleshooting customer wireless issues - it gets connected up to their controllers so we ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Ronald Dvorak
firmware download page too complicated
I'd like to upgrade my EMC but I don't plan to search for minutes on the download page for the right file. Example: I'm sorry but eithe...
  • 21 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of M.Nees
EXOS: Locally Administered MAC Address
New EXOS 22.3 brings a new feature "Locally Administered MAC Address". Based on manual etc. i cannot get in which case this helps me. U...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of laurie
Bootprelay configuration
HiWe have a D series Extreme switch and would like to enable bootprelay so clients can receive their addresses from the companies DHCP se...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arjumand Qazi
BootRom IP address assignment
trying to change IP address to access tftp, in BootROM as version 2.0.2.1 does not allow us to use config none. BootRom >  configip ipad...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Thornton
Converting/using training EDUs
We have purchased some training units ("TR-ELT-EMEA") and I have a certificate number for these. On the certificate it seems to suggest ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Thornton
IPv6 forwarding issue with OSPFv3 in a user VR
Hi all Before I open a TAC case about this, I'm just trying to find out if anyone else is doing something similar and has the same issue...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Paul Thornton
X440-G2 PoE capacity
Hi all I'm trying to (unsuccessfully) work out from the datasheet how much power is available for PoE on an X440-G2-48p without the addi...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Thornton
LAG between stack members with different port speeds
Hi all, Here's an annoying LAG problem.  I have a stack which consists of an X670-G2 (slot 1) and an X460-G2 (slot 2).  I want to create...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ted
LACP LAG Load sharing methods
There are many load sharing methods with LAG for Extreme and I would like to see documentation or have someone explain each one.  Reason ...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of zain mallick
(pending-AAA) disable
what is (pending-AAA)...? is it possible to disable (Pending-AAA) in extreme switches...? if yes plz give configuration...! if not so plz...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Thornton
esupport download site problems?
A quick question... Are there any issues with the esupport site at the moment? I can't get any downloads for the X480, despite entering ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of f3rha4n
disable password recovery and factory reset through console port
Hello, How can  I disable password recovery and configuration removal through boot menu on Extreme Switches? Its a security risk as anyon...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul Thornton
X460-G2 VIM-2q : Can this be used with fan-out cables to give 8x10G
Hi folks, Quick question... Is it possible to use the QSFP VIM-2q ports as 4x 10G ports (as is possible, for example, with the X670's 4...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered