Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 181
Photo of EtherMAN
My thoughts are with Extreme Networks folks next few days
Hope all of you in Extreme TAC in North Carolina stay safe and are prepared as you can be for what is coming your way.  My thoughts and p...
  • 5 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Michael
Extreme now has proctored exams
Wow, for years I have been taking Extreme Certifications for every product line. When people ask what Certs I have, I tell them, and answ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Keith Olmstead
XOS LACP Share Algorithm L2 how can I make load balance?
I have X670 Core with LAGS set up to edge using multicast traffic, but traffic is not balancing using L2 or L3. Is there an extra config ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ben Kessell
Show IP address of specific port
I had a switch "dissapear" from our network but it is still plugged in to the appropriate port. In short, the switch on that port has an ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of gravyface
Summit: icmp-based bandwidth testing
A 3rd-party is running scheduled jobs to measure bandwidth/latency/jitter against various hops in the network (VLAN interface on core swi...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of EtherNation User
ELRP with dynamically changing vlan membership
Create Date: Mar 13 2013 9:48PM Hello Everyone, I've been looking at ELRP to help prevent L2 loops. Our switches (one section of them)...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of julienb
edge-safeguard enabled by default
Hi, Is there a way to enable by default for every ports the STP mode edge-safeguard with bpdu-restrict ? Like the "spanning-tree portfas...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rich
where is the port buffer "default" defined?
We are currently gathering data from edge stacks with poor performance and are doing all we can to look at memory optimisation.  I have a...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Jeff Roberts
port error snmp trap
How can I configure an XOS switch to send an snmp trap to Netsight when crc errors on a port exceed a set threshold?  Testing on a X450G2...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Epafras Schaden
Extreme X460 with high CPU and packets going to CPU
Hello Guys,  I'm living a problem in our MPLS network and would like to share you experience. One of our Extreme X460 switch is experien...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of EtherMAN
Can't get a link between a 870 QSFP28 sr4 100 gig and a Brocade MLXe 100 gig using CFP2-TO-QSFP28-Module
We are in the process of bring up new MLXe routers with 2 port CFP2 100 gig cards.  We are connecting these to 870 100 gig QSFP28 interfa...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Sharoz Khan
what are the VPN protocols supported by etreme Network switches with model ? and How we configure it on extreme switches ?

• 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jakub
Triple redundancy link
Hi, community!I have some problem with configuration redundancy on my switch. I need to set to links as a redundancy. I have links A,B,C....
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of JUAN MARTINEZ
X460-48p STOCK FOR SPARE
I ́m finishing my leasing period for fifty (50) X460-48P switches.  I ́m want to buy 5 switches as an spare in order to have in stock  in...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Biggtimber
220 Training (What Software does it run)
I picked up a 220 in order to tinker with the OS, as we are looking at extreme for our refresh. After getting it in and starting some of ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Charles Cox
inter-vlan routing between stacked and standalone x450e switches
I have an existing stack for the access layer and want to add a TOR switch. All x450e 12.6.2.12 configured vlans to match the stack remov...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ian Broadway
Switch UpTime
Any records on longest switch uptime?  AandE-USER-SW1.1 # sh sw SysName: AandE-USER-SW1 SysLocation: AandE Ground Floo...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Yusuf Kabbara
Create a loop storm in network "educational Purpose"
Hello I am working on a network with  Ring topology X440 Switches And I'm looking for a scenario to get a broadcast storm "loop" for te...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Christina M
Announcing a new Release Notes page!
The Information Development Team has created a new repository for release notes -- and no login is required! View the new Release Notes p...
  • 9 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of bw447
MLAG Peer Distance
We are wanting to MLAG our schools to our WAN switches that are throughout our district. Our WAN switches are x670G2-48x-4q running 16.2...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered