Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 191
Photo of Drew C.
We're Migrating The Hub to a New Provider!
Hello Community, I'm excited to share the news that we'll be migrating The Hub to a new community platform next month! The provider we've...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Michael
Extreme now has proctored exams
Wow, for years I have been taking Extreme Certifications for every product line. When people ask what Certs I have, I tell them, and answ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Sebastian Rojas
black diamond unexpected reboot after io module insert
Hello all, i hope you can help mewe have two black diamonds after a reboot for electrical powerone of the io module failed, and an after ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Martin Flammia
EXOS configuration scripting tool
Hi, Going to throw this out there in the hope the community has some ideas. I often find myself building configs with a lot of repative...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rahman Duran
Need advise about QoS for leased fiber line.
Hi,We have a remote campus (Y) that is connected to central campus (X) via 30 mbit/s leased fiber. We have S4 as router at X campus and X...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of bw447
Extreme's Self-Aware Equipment
A member on our team saw this entry on one of our x460 switches a couple weeks ago.   Extreme is pushing the limits on self-aware device...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Sangeeta Ghangam
Traceroute works on one port only (Summit x440-24t)
I am creating a local network (not connected to the internet or another switch) with an extreme summit x440-24t switch. There are 3 devic...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of kaba1ahxxx .
CRCs on ISL port
Hello, A fabric of six VDXs 6740T-1G running NOS 6.0.2b.We started observing CRCs and receive errors on one of the ISL links.Receive Sta...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Laurent Rillet
mirroring unicast traffic in vLAN
When I mirror several vLANs toward a port, I can see all broadcast traffic but no unicast traffic. It's a little bit like if the monitori...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jim Gich
Fails to login to BD8806 after power modules failed & replaced.Bootrom Factory setting reset not working
I have a BD8806 that i'm unable to login after power modules failed and replaced by some new ones.I'm suspecting it lost some configs dur...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of theoadon
Replacing a Cisco 3845 router and Cisco 3560 switch with extreme products
HI There,We asked from a customer to replace his network equipment.Now the customer's site is using a Cisco 3845 router and Cisco Catalys...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Athiwat Wongkhumjun
What is "Frame Forwarding Rate" of X690? And where is the document?
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of EtherMAN
My thoughts are with Extreme Networks folks next few days
Hope all of you in Extreme TAC in North Carolina stay safe and are prepared as you can be for what is coming your way.  My thoughts and p...
  • 5 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Keith Olmstead
XOS LACP Share Algorithm L2 how can I make load balance?
I have X670 Core with LAGS set up to edge using multicast traffic, but traffic is not balancing using L2 or L3. Is there an extra config ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ben Kessell
Show IP address of specific port
I had a switch "dissapear" from our network but it is still plugged in to the appropriate port. In short, the switch on that port has an ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of gravyface
Summit: icmp-based bandwidth testing
A 3rd-party is running scheduled jobs to measure bandwidth/latency/jitter against various hops in the network (VLAN interface on core swi...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of EtherNation User
ELRP with dynamically changing vlan membership
Create Date: Mar 13 2013 9:48PM Hello Everyone, I've been looking at ELRP to help prevent L2 loops. Our switches (one section of them)...
  • 1 me too
  • 22 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of julienb
edge-safeguard enabled by default
Hi, Is there a way to enable by default for every ports the STP mode edge-safeguard with bpdu-restrict ? Like the "spanning-tree portfas...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rich
where is the port buffer "default" defined?
We are currently gathering data from edge stacks with poor performance and are doing all we can to look at memory optimisation.  I have a...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Jeff Roberts
port error snmp trap
How can I configure an XOS switch to send an snmp trap to Netsight when crc errors on a port exceed a set threshold?  Testing on a X450G2...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered