Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 47
Photo of Laurent Rillet
mirroring unicast traffic in vLAN
When I mirror several vLANs toward a port, I can see all broadcast traffic but no unicast traffic. It's a little bit like if the monitori...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Pawel Eljasz
NOS - is running config persistent?
hi,very specifically - should config survive "sudden death" such as power cut.example: nos 7.2.0a1 - two switches in logical chassis(sinc...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Alexander Bauer
Are there any effects at the network if i configure the MLAG LACP address later?
I want to configure the mlag lacp mac adresse in a productiv network. Are there any effects at the network? I will configure the mac of t...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of AlwaysDamnedPeeved
EMC GUI port tree printout
In EMC GUI,  I want to have a printout for each closet I work in, showing port tree... but just printing the browser view won't work--the...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Photo of Marco Pfiffer
EAPS or ERPS with AVB
Is there an option to configure a ring topology with EAPS or ERPS together with AVB? At the moment I always use RSTP when I configure rin...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dave Hanna
Unmanaged switch loop prevention connected to 460-G2
So we have a bunch of 460-G2's we will be replacing some enterasys C2's. Currently SpanGuard on the C2's was not enabled hence when peopl...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rich
ACL to allow traffic to specified ports on a subnet
I have a situation where I need to restrict traffic from a specified client subnet to another server subnet.  I have done this by creatin...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
XOS is it possible to disable a built in stacking port.
XOS is it  possible to disable a built in stacking port. I want this to troubleshoot a possible stacking issue.  does not appear to be po...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of ATANGANA NGA Aristide
EXOS 16.2.2.4 / BD8810 : Unexpected slot reset ( MSM-A: pibConduitMasterRcvOneSlot(): failed, rc=-6, errno=134, slot=3)
Hello, Please have some of you ever experienced this problem on Black Diamond 8810 : Unexpected slot reset while the switch was behavin...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Romain Mercier
vrrp master change without known reason
Hi everybody, I have a problem with VRRP on my network. I have two x670 (both on version 15.5.3.4), I configure them for about 4 VRRP in...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Mario Cruz Torres
Initial Configuration BD8810
Hello Expert, Im start configuring my first BD8810: First I want to upgrade the node, but for that I configure a vlan with an IP Addre...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
What process is this, mcmgr
MSM-A  mcmgr         n/a  n/a  6.2 38.1 33.1 32.6 32.8 45.5 175756.29  223851.09 Does anyone know what process this is ? it ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tobi
I found that XOS do not support NAT! When will being implementing this feature?
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Yusuf Kabbara
Duplicated MACs on different VLANs on Same switched infra!
My network includes more than hundred of switches in multiple-ring design .. when issuing: show iparp I am finding rejected IP .. I belie...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
VLAN to act like a HUB ( no mac learning )
XoS, I wish to have a vlan act like hub in the MAC learning sense, I just wish it to flood all traffic to all ports in that vlan. this is...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
MLAG, Does the ISC vlan forward any payload traffic
MLAG ISC I have a question For a customer I have these options Between the 2 MLag switches are these options A 2 port aggr...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
Determining the correct level for Broadcast Rate limiting.
I’m considering enabling broadcast, multicast and unknown unicast rate limiting on a customer’s network ( core EAPs ring links ), this cu...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris Taylor
Delete syslog configuration
I have a few X440 switches where they have been programmed with multiple syslog targets. I want to delete the old configuration and add ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
IS the VIM1-10G8X module hot swap on a X650 ?
IS the VIM1-10G8X module hot swap on a X650 ?
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of simon bingham
Display port numbers discreetly in config and not in ranges
My turn to ask a question I’m mocking up a customer environment in our lab ( as I frequently do ). Typically the hardware in the lab ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered