"404 - Not Found" on xmc VM

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
I have read a number of KBs on this, but they don't seem to apply to us a we don't have the same paths.

This article: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Unable-to-access-Extreme-Management-with... says to edit "/Install_path/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/configuration/emc.xml" except we don't have a "widlfy" subdirectory in our install.  We are running 8.1.2.59 whch we downloaded as a .ova file and deployed from that
Photo of Stephen Stormont

Stephen Stormont

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Bharathiraja, Suresh

Bharathiraja, Suresh, Employee

• 3,442 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Stephen,

Can you confirm two things here

1) Extreme management center is not working and you are getting 404 error with similar server.log as mentioned in KB ?

2) This issue occurred once after upgrade  ?

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Stephen Stormont

We did not perform any upgrades; we deployed 8.1.2.59 directly from the ova file and we will randomly get the 404 error.  the only way to resolve it is to restart the XMC VM.

All articles that I have read regarding 404 errors all mention editing files that do not exist in our installation.
Photo of Kurt Semba

Kurt Semba, Employee

• 1,226 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Starting with XMC v8.0 we are using wildfly as the application server.
Please paste the content of this folder from your XMC: /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight

Stephen Stormont

Ok, in "/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/configuration" I do have the emc.xml file, however it appears to already have a deployment-timeout section set so I guess that isn't the fix for the "404 - Not Found" error in my case.

<deployment-scanner path="deployments" relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir" scan-interval="60000" deployment-timeout="7200" auto-deploy-zipped="false" auto-dep    loy-exploded="false" runtime-failure-causes-rollback="${jboss.deployment.scanner.rollback.on.failure:false}"/>
Photo of Kurt Semba

Kurt Semba, Employee

• 1,226 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
How much RAM does your VM have and how much RAM did you assign to the wildfly server (check file: /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/services/nsserver.cfg)?

Version 8 has new RAM requirements: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/pkb_mobile#article/Solution/kA0340000000SZqCAM/s

Stephen Stormont

We didn't make any changes to the settings after the .ova was deployed (thought everything was supposed to be configured as per recommendations via that method).

The VM has 32 GB of RAM.

The nsserver.cfg file shows the follwoing:
 -Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:HeapDumpPath=../../nsdump.hprof -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MetaspaceSize=128m

I will change that to match the suggestions on the page that you linked for a Medium system and see how things go.

Stephen Stormont

Just had this happen again and the server is currently in a state showing the "404 - Not Found".  What can I look at to see what may have caused it to go down again?