cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

220 LED patterns

220 LED patterns

Johan_Brand
New Contributor
We've been doing some office renovations and got a few new cat6 points installed.

I have two points next to each other on a wall with one of the points not working. When patched to the switch (220-24p) the LED on the port flashes amber slowly. What does the slow amber light mean?

*The ip phone connected to the port powers up but cant boot - The phone actually states its a bad LAN link.
* When looking at the switches GUI it doesn't recognize the port us being up although it states that its delivering power.

If a do the build it cable test on the GUI it returns with the cable status as: SHORT - What does this mean?

The cable company that installed the cable have tested the cable and confirmed its working. (twice)

Need some advice on what to look at next?

f4baed3c9ecb459baee9917076e43d77_RackMultipart20180327-79859-eccv9j-246port7_inline.png

5 REPLIES 5

Johan_Brand
New Contributor
Hi Larry

Thanks for the LED meanings - Mine was doing the slow blinking amber.

In the end the issue was related to a faulty cable.

Larry_Kunz
Extreme Employee
Hi, Johan. I'm sorry it took me so long to get this, but here are the meanings for 210/220 port LEDs.

• Steady green: link OK
  • Blinking green: Activity
  • Steady amber: PoE delivering with Ethernet link
  • Blinking amber: PoE delivering with activity
  • Slow blinking amber: PoE delivering -- but no Ethernet link or port disabled
  • Off: No link or port disabled
Larry Kunz
Information Development
Extreme Networks

Brian_Austin
Extreme Employee
Johan,

I would just try a different cable if possible i know you are trying to prevent replacing a cable however this could help in determining if this is indeed just a cable issue or possibly a device issue. also does this device work if you use another port with the same cable?

Johan_Brand
New Contributor
Hi Brian

Replacing the cable at this stage is what I'm trying to avoid as it's close to 100meters.

Thanks for the explanation of the Short error status as this might be the answer then... I assumed it might mean the length of the cable is "short"

This phone is a 10/100 model but a gigabit model could be used.
GTM-P2G8KFN