Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

220-switches stacking

220-switches stacking

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody,

There are several questions about 220's stacking:

1) Could I stack 24 and 48 ports models?

2) Is the 10GB-C01-
SFPP right cable model for 220 switches?

3) Do I need 4 cables for four switches, right?

4) Would it be the classical full-ring stack?

5) What is the top speed possible for stacking like this? 20Gbps?

6) Am I right that there are no dedicated stack ports on the back and I should use SFP+ ports?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

P.S.Does it really have CISCO Cli instead of awesome EXOS?)))
P.P.S And may I have some manual for these new switches?
3 REPLIES 3

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi, all!

Can we use 51-52 ports of 220-48t-10GE4 as data-ports, when 49-50 - as stack-ports?

Thank you!

Michael_Ward
Extreme Employee
Ilya:

1) Could I stack 24 and 48 ports models?
Yes. One item to note is that stacking is done via the front-pane SFP+ ports, and the 12 & 24 port models only have 2 SFPs - hence when stacking these units you would not have any uplinks on the 12 or 24 port units - uplinks from the stack would need to come from a 48p unit.

2) Is the 10GB-C01-
SFPP right cable model for 220 switches?
Yes - that is the 1M cable - you can also use the 10GB-C03-SFPP - which is a 3M cable is further distance is needed.

3) Do I need 4 cables for four switches, right?
Yes - you want to connect a stack in a ring topology - 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, and 4 back to 1

4) Would it be the classical full-ring stack?
Yes.

5) What is the top speed possible for stacking like this? 20Gbps?
correct.

6) Am I right that there are no dedicated stack ports on the back and I should use SFP+ ports?
Correct - as mentioned above, stacking is done via the SFP+ ports.

The 200 series runs the FASTPATH network operating system and does have a different CLI to that of EXOS. It is one that should be familiar to those that have worked with Cisco products in the past.

As to manuals - you can download the 200 Series manuals at - http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/

Scroll down to the "Extreme Switching - Software" section and expand on "200 Series"

Thanks a lot, Michael!
GTM-P2G8KFN