Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Captive Portals

3rd Party Captive Portals

Gary_Hartstone
New Contributor II
Hi,
I have a customer with a mix of Extreme WiNG APs (most sites) and a couple of sites with Rukus APs.
Customer is looking for a 3rd Party Captive Portal that would work at all sites. Anyone have any recommendations on what works well with WiNG?

Also, for the Internal WiNG Captive Portal, is there a character/word limit on the terms and Conditions field?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Mejia
Extreme Employee
Hi Gary,

We have a WiNG 5 how to guide that goes over the details of integrating WiNG with 3rd party captive portals (please follow the link below). To your question about character limitation on terms and condituions, as far as I know there isn't a limit.

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/WiNG/Implementation_Guides/WiNG5_Integrating_with_3rdParty_...

Regards.

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
Where are you redirecting users to? external hosted or local access? The WiNG captive portal is very easy to set up. As for the T&C page, not sure of the size limit. Use the GUI to create.The hardest part for me was getting the certificate distributed via the File-Sync feature and the Firewall to open the proper port(s).

The other new feature that we have not gotten into yet, but are starting to investigate is the E-Guest feature. Similar to the captive portal, but not as intrusive for the customer\client.

Good luck on the Captive portal. Extreme Support is great at helping you get this set up and working. Suggest reaching out to them.
GTM-P2G8KFN