cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

800 Series VLAN console configuration problems

800 Series VLAN console configuration problems

Ben_Kessell
New Contributor
I am trying to add ports to a VLAN via the command line but the results are not what I was expecting.

When I type the string, using the console's "Next possible completions:" suggestions

"configure vlan "XXX" add tagged port 1"

it returns only

"Next possible completions:
""

So I try "configure vlan "XXX" add tagged port 1:1" as well as "... ports 1:1" and get the same return!

On other ExtremeOS switches I use the string "configure vlan "XXX" add ports Y:Y tagged" and that does the trick!

What am I missing, here?
4 REPLIES 4

Straw__Glyn
Extreme Employee
Hi Ben,

As has been said the cli is a little different on the 800 series but its not too different.

To answer the original question, the format of your command would have to be as follows:

"configure vlan "XXX" add tagged 1"

.. the difference being that you don't use the keyword "port"

Hope this helps if you decide to persist with the cli.

Ben_Kessell
New Contributor
Welp! That answers my questions. Methinks I read some datasheets wrong! To the web console I go!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
The 800 series has a complete different CLI commands then the other switches.

From experience I strongly recommend to use the GUI to configure the switch.

Then you'd connect to the CLI to see the changes int the config.
If you've more then one with a similar config just copy the config and edit it in notepad to use it on the next one.

Here a step by step guide - the GVRP setting is very important or the untagged port will not work...
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Assign-a-Port-To-a-Vlan-on-the-800-...

-Ron

Curtis_Parish1
New Contributor III
The 800 series switches don't use Enterasys or Extreme OS. Many times I just end up using web interface on the 800s because I don't remember the commands. Don't forget to save the config.
GTM-P2G8KFN