cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Access Points (AP4600) unsync from NTP

Access Points (AP4600) unsync from NTP

Sean_Tutor
New Contributor II
I have our Access Points and Wireless Controller set to use our Firewall as a NTP server. However randomly these Access Points will stop syncing correctly and their times will become several minutes faster. This causes the devices we use on our wireless to have the time displayed according to whichever AP they're connected too which can cause issues with clocking in and out.

My question is, what is causing the Access Points to stop using the NTP servers time?

Relevant spec information:
Wireless Mobility v5.4
AP4600
WM3400

Not exactly sure the firmware version is being run.
6 REPLIES 6

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
Sean,

You can upgrade remotely as along as the WM controller has access to an FTP or TFTP server where it can download the new image file. Example CLI output of upgrade options and TFTP upgrade below:

L3L_K2_U41_WM1#upgrade ? FILE Location of firmware image
usb1:/path/file

URL Location of firmware image
URLs: tftp://[:port]/path/file
ftp://:@[:port]/path/file
sftp://:@[:port]>/path/file
http://[:port]/path/file
cf:/path/file
usb:/path/file
L3L_K2_U41_WM1#upgrade tftp://10.67.51.99/WM3600-5.4.4.0-007R.img Running from partition /dev/mtdblock6
Validating image file header
Making file system
Extracting files (this may take some time).........................................................................................................................................................
Control C disabled
Version of firmware update file is 5.4.4.0-007R
Removing unneeded files from flash:/crashinfo directory
FPGA firmware version is already at version 1_26, no need to upgrade
PoE updates are handled via a patch file
Power Supervisor updates are handled via a patch file
Checking if boot sector needs to be upgraded
Boot Sector version 00008, image file bootsector ver 00008, no change required
Writing Kernel to /dev/mtd5
Writing BootOS to /dev/mtd16
Successful

You answered my question if you'd like to close this. I'll have to contact you guys on how to get the FTP to actually work.

Sean,

You can upgrade directly from v5.4.0 to v5.4.4. I just realized my example was using a WM3600. The WM3400 has it's own image file. Make sure you are using the WM3400 image. Also, maybe try downloading the file again. Maybe it was somehow corrupted?

Alright, I downloaded the firmware update. Created a FTP server since this place doesn't have one, and I'm able to download the files, however I keep getting an error Firmware upgrade failed. update error. Bad image header, Invalid Image file.

I'm updating from the version I listed previously to 5.4.4.0. Is the error caused by me skipping to this version? Do I have to install 5.4.4.1 then .2 then .3? Because that's going to be very annoying.
GTM-P2G8KFN