cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Access Points not checking into EZ Cloud

Access Points not checking into EZ Cloud

Daniel_Roth
New Contributor
We have a contract with 6 WAPs and none of them have been able to check into EZ Cloud since October 27th. I can connect to the WAPs via SSH and confirmed I could ping out (google.com, amazonaws.com) and I have power cycled the devices but still all 6 still have not connected.

Confirmed the contract does not expire until February 2018. Confirmed we are not blocking the devices on the firewall as well. The only thing I am aware of that changed was an emergency maintenance that took place on the 31st because Extreme had issues with the cloud.

Wondering if anyone else had or has had this issue in the past and what they did to try and resolve it?
5 REPLIES 5

Doug
Extreme Employee
Issue resolved, GEO-IP filters were in place blocking access.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello Daniel,

Can you provide me with your case number for reference so I can review those logs? If you reset the ap to factory it will go through the same process again trying to connect to https://devices.extremenetworks.com.

Regards,
Doug

Doug Hyde

Doug
Extreme Employee
I was able to locate it in our system, I will take a look at the logs now.

Doug Hyde

Daniel_Roth
New Contributor
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the article. This is the same article that Extreme support provided me. When I review the ap.logs on all 6 access points I see this being recorded:

cap: 01090:ru_connect_to_ma.c:991-ru_connect_to_ac_ru_manager()- IP https://devices.extremenetworks.com, state URL_ITEM_STATE_NO_ANSWER, flag URL_ITEM_FLAG_STATIC_HWC, retries 2, timestamp 516297000, standby 0 pversion 2

I sent the logs to Extreme and they don't seem to know what the issue is. Nothing changed on our firewall and I even created rules to make sure the access points IP range was being allowed out on 443 and that content filtering was not causing issues.

I seem to be at a point where I may need to factory reset these devices but I have not done this before on Extreme cloud devices. My manager believes it should pull down its config once reset so I shouldn't have to manually reconfigure it, is this true?

GTM-P2G8KFN