cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Lock-in feature not working in Summit48si

Account Lock-in feature not working in Summit48si

Sowjanya
New Contributor
When we try to login switch via SSH with wrong username after 3rd attempt its getting disconnected but account Lock-in is not happening that is i am able to login into device again via SSH with same user credentials/account. Whereas in telnet its working that is after 3 wrong attempts I am unable to login using that user account. Can you suggest me how to lock that user account in SSH or whether it is normal behavior of SSH or any commands need to be configured for this to work.

Product Model - Summit48si

Image : Extremeware Version 7.8.4.1 patch1-r4 [ssh] [base]

3 REPLIES 3

Sowjanya
New Contributor
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Problem I am facing is in SSH with wrong username after 3rd attempt its getting disconnected but account Lock-in is not happening that is I am able using the same account. Also its not supporting "configure cli " command. Kindly help me out to resolve the issue.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Sowjanya, Since this is an product and old code (both end-of-life), I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do.
It's possible that the lockout feature configuration has been "lost" through upgrades. You may try unconfiguring it and reconfiguring it to see if the behavior changes.
GTM-P2G8KFN