cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACL for CobraNet traffic, Ethernet protocol identifier (0x8819)

ACL for CobraNet traffic, Ethernet protocol identifier (0x8819)

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
I work for an audio engineering company and thus have audio engineers constantly plugging the wrong things into the wrong ports and introducing various traffic to my network. I'd like to put an ACL together to limit CobraNet traffic to one particular vlan only instead of having it constantly show up on desktop vlan(s).

The Ehternet Protocol Identifier is 0x8819, I just don't know how to write an ACL using that information to catch the traffic.
5 REPLIES 5

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
Worked perfectly with JS' suggestion, should have commented on that 

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Awesome!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Ron, were you able to get this working with JS or Brandon's suggestions?

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Ron,

I may be misunderstanding your question, but you can actually put all CobraNet traffic into one VLAN, regardless of the port.

EXOS will allow you to configure two untagged VLANs on a port, assuming at least one has a protocol filter set up. In this case, we can create a protocol filter to match CobraNet, then create a CobraNet VLAN and add all ports untagged. Then, all CobraNet traffic will get put into this VLAN, while all other traffic will go into the other untagged VLAN. An example config is below:

create protocol cobranet configure protocol filter cobranet add etype 0x8819 create vlan cobra create vlan other_traffic configure vlan cobra protocol cobranet configure vlan cobra add port all untagged configure vlan other_traffic add port all untagged
Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brandon
GTM-P2G8KFN