cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an existing untagged member port of vlan Default as tagged can cause STP configuration loss.

Adding an existing untagged member port of vlan Default as tagged can cause STP configuration loss.

nola_saint
New Contributor
New to Extreme switches, and using EXOS version 22. Why do I see this message when adding the same port tag and untagged. Adding an existing untagged member port of vlan Default as tagged can cause STP configuration loss.
8 REPLIES 8

nola_saint
New Contributor
After configuring other switches I read again one of your post and I think I understand that its just a warning.

Sushruth Sathyamurthy, Employee

• 784 Points

I do not believe this statement has an impact. It is merely a warning message as per your carrier VLAN configuration. The Default untagged VLAN is the carrier VLAN for the s0 STP domain. If you change that, this warning message will appear as carrier VLAN must be present for all STP protected ports.

nola_saint
New Contributor
Thanks, it helps a little. Do you have any real-world examples of why, when, where and how to implement this?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you needing configuration example in a switch? https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-RSTP-in-EXOS

nola_saint
New Contributor
What is the impact of the statement? Also, how can I avoid this from happening again.
GTM-P2G8KFN