cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adopted access point not showing under the RF Domain name in VX9000 controller dashboard?

Adopted access point not showing under the RF Domain name in VX9000 controller dashboard?

Gihan
New Contributor II
I'm using VX9000 controller and adopted 10 access points in different locations. Problem is, Only one access point shows under the RF Domain in dashboard and when refreshing shows other one. It is not show all access point at same time. How I solve this?
6 REPLIES 6

aholden
Extreme Employee
The first thing to do is assure the AP is adopted to the controller.

You can log into the AP and confirm it is adopted - show adoption status.

The next step is to log into the controller and enter - show adoption status again and confirm all the APs show an adoption status of "configured"

If all are configured, go back to the AP and enter - show run and confirm the AP is properly configured

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Gihan,

Do you use Express or Enterprise WiNG?
Make sure there is correct control-vlan (VLAN for management traffic) set in every RF-Domain, MCast 01-A0-F8-00-00-00 is not blocked and MINT communication is allowed in settings.

Do particular APs see each other using command "show mint neighbors"?

Regards,
Ondrej

Gihan
New Contributor II
Thank you. I got it.

Hi Gihan,

if this is WiNG Enterprise, run Controller Managed domain

e56f685f69234291a146a1b654a7e860_RackMultipart20170926-10273-sb2a8z-controllermanaged_inline.png

This will make VX RF-domain manager and shall force APs to forward stats etc. back to VX.
As you use different GWs with every AP, it breaks the broadcast domain and APs are unable to share Layer2 updates.

Regards,
Ondrej

GTM-P2G8KFN