cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics: Not all TCP flows shows Network or Applications Response time ?

Analytics: Not all TCP flows shows Network or Applications Response time ?

M_Nees
Contributor III
PURVIEW / Analystics installation works fine till some TCP flows from some servers does not show Network or Applications Response time. Because the Netflow and Policy N-mirror sources are S4 core routers of 2 different locations we use a GRE Tunnel setup.

So why are not all Response times are shown? Maybe the policy n-mirror is not complete ?
Any other reasons ?

If i have a LAG to some servers i set it on the LAG logical port too? (Necessary ?)
i doublecheck the policy n mirror is set everywhere!

But how can i troubleshoot / debug or confirm this (incoming policy mirror to a specific flow) ? Any suggestions ?

Regards
8 REPLIES 8

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
It's not likely discarding. It may be more likely that internally, if switch packet processing spikes above 60 percent that a flow did not get created or mirrored. It's also possible in some instances to see on the other side, a purview appliance with high CPU (as measured via TOP) or if it is a virtual machine, the overall VM hardware is sometimes overloaded CPU's, and then problems can occur that way as well. So it VM are used it is a good idea to make adequate resources available.

However the most common explanation of your problem is the netflow data appears, but the corresponding mirrorN does not occur, at least bilaterally

There is no tbp possible on S8, only on the PV-FC-180, as it is internally using unused hardware. So you may need to sacrifice a 10G port if bandwidth is an issue.

Hi Mike,
tbp port is my favorit - but we have a S8 (but S180 Series modules) and no PV-FC-180.
Do you think it will work with a tbp on S8 or have i sacrify a real tg.x.y port ?

I have confirmed with development that the GRE Source port will affect output performance across the egress GRE tunnel. We have yet to see this as a limitation with most mirrorN setups, but it is possible. So a 10G port or a TBP on a PV-FC-180 may be recommended in these cases.
GTM-P2G8KFN