cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AP 3805i Radio will not turn on

AP 3805i Radio will not turn on

Mark_Eby
New Contributor
I have an issue with 2 AP 3805i that I purchased after my initial install project for my school district. The wireless controller says that it is using software 09.15.09.0002 and the new APs arrived with application versions in the 10s.

Both of these access points have been successfully added to the controller and they show green in the Access Approval list but where it should show the MAC address after the name it just shows 00:00:00:00:00:00. Also, when I look at the access points in the AP list they are both getting the appropriate DHCP addresses for our network and it says Status Approved in the AP Properties tab. When I look at the Radio 1 & 2 tabs is says Current Tx Power Level is Off and the BSS info says N/A for both of my VNS instead of a MAC address.

Can anyone assist me in the missing piece(s) of how to get the APs working on our network? Also, if I have to upgrade the controller to a newer software how would I go about doing that and will it cost anything to the district. This whole network was installed within the last 2 years (part 2 years ago and the rest 1 year ago).
7 REPLIES 7

Doug
Extreme Employee
Mark,

Are you still having an issue? Please let us know if you are all set at this point.

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

M_Nees
Contributor III
I also recommend you to use V10.xx on your Controller and AP.

V9.15 and early V9.21 have a lot of issues which are fixed now in latest 9.21.x oder 10.xx. That makes more sense than old 9.15.09

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
The link that Craig provided lists the minimum software version per AP model.
If you don't have that version installed the AP will not / partly work.

Please provide the exact model / product number and the full serialnumber so we'd give you a accurate answer.

Also is the AP local or via a VPN connected to the controller.

Mark_Eby
New Contributor
Would that be what is causing the 2 APs from activating their radios?
GTM-P2G8KFN