AP-7131 Beacon Interval

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Older AP-7131 firmware allowed to set beacon interval. It seems to have magically disappeared with the latest 'upgrade' of firmware. What version of WiNG will support setting beacon interval?
Photo of Yashu

Yashu

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Christopher Frazee

Christopher Frazee, Employee

• 2,026 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello Yashu,
      The last supported release of firmware for the EOSL AP7131 is v5.8.6.9 (service release). The radios do allow beacon interval to be set to 50, 100, or 200 (milliseconds) from AP Profile or Device level via Interfaces/Radios using UI or CLI. 

Photo of Yashu

Yashu

What is the download link for this firmware image?
Photo of Yashu

Yashu

Actually I need 20 milliseconds. What is the download link for older WiNG 4.x firmware image?
Photo of Christopher Frazee

Christopher Frazee, Employee

• 2,026 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
WiNG 4 is not posted due to end of support for quite some time now. If you require a WiNG v4 firmware release, please have a support case generated and as long as the AP7131 is under contract/entitlement, we can provide the requested firmware. The last release was v4.4.2. 
Photo of Yashu

Yashu

I tried opening a case.... I get "Error 404: page not found" when I try to submit it. Why do I need 'entitlement' for older firmware image because the new firmware drops functionality?
Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 40,046 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You're getting the 404 Errors because your portal login has "No Account Association."
Please take a look at this article for more information:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000014472
(Edited)
Photo of Timo Sass

Timo Sass

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What ever you do, NEVER change the beacon interval? Why you would set it to 20ms.
Photo of Yashu

Yashu

Isochronous WLAN UDP broadcast required for custom NIC server hardware implementing proprietary linear predictive coder (via durbin recursion) + post HMM speech compression / recognition