cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ap 7622

ap 7622

paolo1
New Contributor
problem mesh connex, i have buy two 7622 but i not found istruction for configure meshconnex
where find ?
thanks

Paolo
5 REPLIES 5

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor
Hello Chris, Our regulation is not allows using of 5Ghz outdoor. So sometimes we really need this feature to work stable on the 2.4Ghz wlan + mesh point. May be you have some recommendations for me? Regards Aviv

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Aviv,

All these APs are dual radio units that allow you to use the 5GHz radio for meshing and the 2.4GHz radio for access WLAN traffic (recommended). Please advise why you'd like them both to be configured on the same radio.

Moreover, which radio are they currently configured on: 2.4 or 5GHz?

Many factors may influence signal degradation, so when you say that the AP7532/AP6532 are "not stable", what exactly do you mean?

Regards,

Chris
Christoph S.

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor
Hello All,
WLAN + MCX is 100% works on the same radio on ap7532 & ap6532 but not so stable as I know, but may be I do not configuring it very well.

I would be happy to receive from Extreme guys some special recommendations for setting up mesh point with WLAN on the same radio1/2

In addition, I do not see the AP7622 in the MCX supported platform list:

1d23b4ec2046486da7971399d5d17d28_RackMultipart20170813-45720-1ysxgz7-7622_inline.jpg

WiNG 5.8.4.21 Release Notes:
"Multi-hop MESH Connex is not supported"

Aviv

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
Hi Paolo,
Just be aware that you can't have an access WLAN on the same radio you're using for MeshConnex.
This may sound obvious but if you have a WLAN already deployed and subsequently enable MeshConnex, the UI doesn't warn you that simultaneous access+Mesh is not possible.
Thanks,
Darrel.
GTM-P2G8KFN