cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Firmware Upgrade

AP Firmware Upgrade

Saravanamurthy_
Contributor
I am using AP 7522E. This firmware version is 5.7.1.0-019R, i Want Upgrade to 5.8.0.0-050R using tftp. Shall i upgrade or Not. I tried using this command, device-upgrade load-image ap7522 tftp:///AP7522-5.8.0.0-050R. but this status showing fail

where i did wrong?
4 REPLIES 4

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

1 - Make sure you are using the correct image for the AP7522E. The file name used for this version is exactly the same as the one for the AP7522 so reverify.
2 - Make sure all the firewalls on the computer are off
3 - Run the following command:
(The file name is case sensitive. Don't leave out the file name extension)
upgrade tftp://<tftp server IP address>/AP7522-5.8.0.0-050R.img

Christoph S.

Timo1
New Contributor II
device-upgrade load-image -> this load the image into the flash for distributing, not to updates this AP.

As Christopher write, use "upgrade ..."

But also check the FW. You write it's a AP7522E (Express) but the image name show no E (for WING image). You need to use the Express image.

Bin
Extreme Employee
Attache one KCS article for the reference

How to upgrade a WiNG controller or AP from CLI
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-upgrade-a-WiNG-controller-or-AP-fro...

Best regards

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
To upgrade the AP using TFTP, please use the following syntax from the CLI after successful login:

enable [enter]
upgrade tftp://ip_tftp/file_name [enter] (include extension)

Once file has completed upload to AP:

reload [enter]

AP will boot into new image.

If AP is a virtual controller and you wish to have adopted APs upgrade from the VC. The command you provided is what you would use and the file gets placed into the flash:/upgrade directory.
GTM-P2G8KFN