cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Groups

AP Groups

Terren_Crider
Contributor
My goal here is to get consolidated wireless stats for a building: the library. The library has two floors, and the access points are broadcasting I think 3 or so SSIDs. The specific information I want is guest usage. The problem I'm running into is that guests can access two of these SSIDs: Guest and LibraryWiFi. LibraryWiFi is only in the library, Guest is across my entire (geographically dispersed) network. I've found the AP group option, but it seems that I can't just logically group the APs for management/statistical purposes. Due to the multiple floors of the library, I do not want to add them to a client balancing or radio preference group. It seems if I did that there would be service degradation. So, how can I collect stats for the library? Is there a passive group option that would not apply any configuration or operational change to the APs? Danke.
10 REPLIES 10

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I am assuming this is what you mean.

043c6321ceef49c9bcbcba0ea754a236_RackMultipart20160917-18161-yg128g-group_inline.jpg

That's close, but I'm really looking more for what Ronald has specified. Plus, it seems that putting APs in groups enables a functionality that I don't necessarily want to enable.

All I'm looking to do is run the SSID query, on two SSIDs on a group of APs. EDIT: Should've tried that before I responded. This is the group functionality that I want, too bad it's not in Netsight... So, I've got the group of APs I want, I just can't get the statistic I want. If there was a way to group SSIDs and apply that to the AP group for the statistic, that would be great.

I've also thought about the idea of AP groups but the thing is that Terren likes to have ....clients over time for APs X+Y+Z that include SSID1+2 but exclude SSID3.

In the example above the requirement for AP X+Y+Z is met but it will include clients from all SSIDs on this AP group instead of only SSID1+2.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Yuri gave me a trick for this if you have oneview.

Hi Jeremy , for the first request I will open feature request so PLM will take care of this. For the second - I can tell you a small trick so you can use it right now 
So , from NMS console, in the menu find Wireless Manager. Open it . There you can make 'AP groups'. Those groups will be available in OneView reports . I do hope that whole Wireless Manager functionality eventually will move over to OneView, so it will be a bit more intuitive.
Thank you for the suggestions
Yury
GTM-P2G8KFN