cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AP Names gone after upgrade

AP Names gone after upgrade

Diederik_Kuijpe
New Contributor III
I updated one of my C25s to 10.31.03.0012 and set to upgrade the images on the APs. After they came back, most of the names were reset to their default serial numbers instead of the ones I configured.

Is there a way to retrieve the names? Or do I have to manually set them back?
9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Brady
New Contributor
I had the same thing happen to me during my last two upgrades but there are no errors reported in the S/W Upgrade log. I am running V2110 controllers in an HA Pair so the environment differs a bit but the majority of my AP3825i WAPs did not come back with their names after upgrading to 10.31.07.0002 and then again this weekend when upgrading to 10.41.08.0012.

Luckily we added descriptions to all the switch ports so I was able to trace the MAC addresses down and rename the WAPs but was there ever any resolution found for this issue?

Diederik_Kuijpe
New Contributor III
I ended up reverting the upgrade using the rescue image.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
For the future just export the AP inventory report before the upgrade - that file includes about every AP/radio parameter in case something went wrong.

I never run into a issue with the AP name so I'd follow the advice from Doug and open a ticket with the GTAC.

Attach the techsupport all (GUI > Log > Tech Support) to the ticket
so the guys could take a look in the upgrade_process.log file - you should see whether the APs get imported with a name (search for "serial import")

i.e. my AP name is AP3705i
V2110:ap# serial import 12370308906B0000 "AP3705i" AP3705i ap LOCAL

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
After EVERY upgrade you sould check the upgrade log for errors.
GUI > Log > S/W upgrade > detail

In case there is a error during the configuration import it looks like this...
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/upgrade-error-v9-21-17-to-v10-31-02

In the worst case you just "upgrade" to the rescue image to go back to the old software with the old settings.
GTM-P2G8KFN